I converted to Japanese. SHOCKING!!

Sweet Car!

23k for a GTO?!?!?!? Methinks I have a new car to think about getting. 8-o

I was, but I weighed the cost of ownership, insurance, blah blah, and I thought this was a good compromise. I forgot to mention Monday I took home a 2006 6 liter, 6 speed GTO with 9000 miles on it. I could have bought that for $23,000 USD (not a typo!) but the seats were very painful for my arthritic back and it just wasnt happy doing everyday commutes.
Painful? That must be because of your back, because I could sit for thousands and thousands of miles in the seats of a Commodore/Monaro/GTO without getting a sore ass, or even getting unsettled. Very comfortable. Seats on a Mitsubishi KL Verada on the other hand...

My ass still hurts :(

Really nice car, congrats. Show us more pics as soon as possible :)

Very nice buy!
Enjoy and PLEASE post pictures and videos of this beauty.

Congrats! That's the exact same car (and color) that I would buy if I could have my way :thumbup:

Although, to be honest, I do miss the older syles...

Painful? That must be because of your back, because I could sit for thousands and thousands of miles in the seats of a Commodore/Monaro/GTO without getting a sore ass, or even getting unsettled.

My ass still hurts :(

Since the condition I have is pretty embarrassing, I made this a spoiler quote. Yeah, it is my back. I am starting to get arthritis, and besides my joints, it is affecting my back. Oh well. Sucks that I have to choose a car based on my stupid spine.

Very nice buy!
Enjoy and PLEASE post pictures and videos of this beauty.

Oh, I will post plenty of pictures, my friend. :D

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Just wait until I get the goodies from STi. :D

Congrats Jay, welcome to the Subaru club!

jayhawk, Try not to listen to people like Viper007bond. The WRX is a traffic car to have/drive. The STI is nice, but too much for most daily drivers.
I sure miss my 05 WRX.
Sweet car in its most desirable colour - great choice :)

And I agree that the STi is a bit much for daily drives...

What's wrong with the STI as a daily driver? :blink: It suits me just fine.:p

Great choice.

I really like the face of the '06-'07 Impreza.

I'll be trading in my '04 Impreza Outback in the next 6 months or so. I'm waiting to see what the '08 WRX is about. I'm not sure I like what I see in the spy photos. I may try to snap up an '07 before they're all gone!

Let us know when the break in period is over!
eclipsee_steering.gif

Old Subbies are great, I have one from 1995, runs like a dream. I'm not sure about new Subbies, but I'll figure it out with my new Outback. Welcome to the club.

WRX comes with brembos?? or are those not brembos ?_?

Excellent choice my friend! I love seeing the '06-'07's show up more, had the skeptics hating the new fronts of course, but they are so agressive looking:D. Once again great choice. I need to see some more pics :D

Every time I see the WR Blue or a Pearl White...I love those colors more and more :D. But then again, I would have probably wanted a Black Pearl if I would have gotten another color :p

Last edited:
Excellent choice my friend! I love seeing the '06-'07's show up more, had the skeptics hating the new fronts of course, but they are so agressive looking:D. Once again great choice. I need to see some more pics :D

Every time I see the WR Blue or a Pearl White...I love those colors more and more :D. But then again, I would have probably wanted a Black Pearl if I would have gotten another color :p

Hey, Obsidian Black fits the...aura of the STi. It makes it look more aggressive. Blue makes an STi look nervous. Does that make sense?

Here is a gallery of all pictures: http://www.pbase.com/jayhawk1013/wrx

Last edited: