I don't have SBS = no TGA :( <-- help me aussies!

unbreakable

Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic
Yeah, like my avatar states, I'm from Manila, but I'll be staying here in Sydney for quite a while and I can't seem to get SBS no matter what I do.
I have an LCDTV, HD digital set top box, and I get the ff HD channels:

OneHD
7HD
9HD
ABCHD

but... I dont have SBS!! Both in SD and HD.... :cry::cry::cry:

Can anyone help me?? Especially the aussies in this forum? I'm currently staying in chatswood, nsw, postal 2067

Last edited:
damn... tried manual tuning, resetting, etc etc... nothing.. :(

closer to aus? I am in Sydney! lol

yeah i got the torrent instead

I have the same problem with my free-to-air antenna- it's outdated and therefore can't pick up SBS and a few other local channels. The only way we can fix it is by upgrading, but the parents are cheapskates and won't update.

If you have Foxtel Digital, check the channel 104 on that, I get SBS on that channel. I dunno about Austar or any of the other ones, sorry.

EDIT: to whoever neg-repped me, I do have a job thanks. And I love my parents and wouldn't disrespect them. :)

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my free-to-air antenna- it's outdated and therefore can't pick up SBS and a few other local channels. The only way we can fix it is by upgrading, but the parents are cheapskates and won't update.

If you have Foxtel Digital, check the channel 104 on that, I get SBS on that channel. I dunno about Austar or any of the other ones, sorry.

EDIT: to whoever neg-repped me, I do have a job thanks. And I love my parents and wouldn't disrespect them. :)

No foxtel.. just free-to-air... long story as to why we can't get foxtel.

sbs can be dodgy depending on the area. they are a poor station and cant afford good coverage :p

I did get sbs on a previous stb which i returned and refunded for this newer Dgtec DV-03 from Dick Smith, but that stb didn't get seven and nine...

top gear tonight... :cry::cry: :cry::cry: guess I'll have to wait for the download then...

Check here:

http://www20.sbs.com.au/transmissions/index.php?pid=2&id=901

If you can't get it tuned in - then you may need to buy a new aerial...

I did try to manually tune it to 571.5mhz, but signal strength only shows 63% which isn't enough.

I don't think it's our antenna since it's on the third floor of our apartment building and there are no high rise buildings near our place.

EDIT:
just called sbs... they said it was our antenna which might probably be true. Thing is, they must send out really crappy coverage cuz it's only their channel that im not getting.

Last edited:
I did try to manually tune it to 571.5mhz, but signal strength only shows 63% which isn't enough.

I don't think it's our antenna since it's on the third floor of our apartment building and there are no high rise buildings near our place.

EDIT:
just called sbs... they said it was our antenna which might probably be true. Thing is, they must send out really crappy coverage cuz it's only their channel that im not getting.

Maybe it's only a VHF antenna and SBS broadcasts on UHF frequencies... If your in an apartment building your probably not likely to get the building people to replace it... A good indoor antenna should do the trick...

Maybe it's only a VHF antenna and SBS broadcasts on UHF frequencies... If your in an apartment building your probably not likely to get the building people to replace it... A good indoor antenna should do the trick...

good suggestion. I'll try that. Thanks!

What brings you to Sydney? Studying, or holiday?

Well been here since march29... currently on vacation, but I have a temporary resident visa because of my dad who works here, so I'm using this to apply for masters at UTS and find a job at the same time. Hoping to get a car too when as soon as I establish myself.

Well been here since march29... currently on vacation, but I have a temporary resident visa because of my dad who works here, so I'm using this to apply for masters at UTS and find a job at the same time. Hoping to get a car too when as soon as I establish myself.
Oh cool.

Did you sell the Civic back home? They're very popular here....

And the reception for SBS was shit!

Oh cool.

Did you sell the Civic back home? They're very popular here....

And the reception for SBS was shit!

Nope... still thinking about it. I'm already attached to it.. but the prospect of selling it and getting an FN2 typeR is pretty alluring, especially since the MY09s now have LSDs...hehehe

yeah SBS reception is crap!!!