I don't know what Mini was trying to do, but I hope they failed. A talking car?

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/19/...trol-is-um-how-you-say-ridiculousl/#continued

We're hoping Mini knows a lot of things that we don't, because we don't understand ? like, at all ? how a brand with a Swiss bank account full of hip could have done something so awfully, terribly unhip. We're talking about Mission Control, which "evaluates a vast range of vehicle, driving situation and vehicle environment-related signals and supplies the driver with relevant information and instructions in customary MINI style."

Car and Driver drove one of the Mini 50 Camden Editions on which the system debuted, and it sounds like "customary Mini style" is another way of saying "OMG WTF?" Follow the jump to hear it. And someone, anyone ? please let us know what this is about.

[video=youtube;qmX6Ns-we3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmX6Ns-we3M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Someone find me a clip from Magnum P.I. - Season 7, Episode 1. If you've seen the show you know what I'm talking about.

Wow that's annoying

Bloody hell........talking cars are alot cooler in hollywood.

3 - 2 - 1 - LET'S MINI! ;)

My brain hurts. Someone has a clip of Michael Knight telling KITT to shut the hell up? I only got it in german: "KITT?" - "Ja Michael?" - "HALTS MAUL!"

oh wow... fire the people who thought that would sell... fire them NOW!

They should just replace the voices with the Top Gear team.

It's so British, it shits the Queen!

3 - 2 - 1 - LET'S MINI! ;)

My brain hurts. Someone has a clip of Michael Knight telling KITT to shut the hell up? I only got it in german: "KITT?" - "Ja Michael?" - "HALTS MAUL!"

I prefer the Magnum PI where he rented the 1980s Japanese car with the automatic voice reminders. At one point he pulled over and ripped the computer out of the engine compartment.

I'm speechless.