I don't know what Mini was trying to do, but I hope they failed. A talking car?

It's refreshing to see a company that employs retards.

What it would say when you crash? "Oh damn and blast!"??? Oh how quintessentially British is that...

"Oh cock!"

It's like listening to some awful BBC radio drama from the 50s or such. As others have stated, only funny if you can turn it off/on at your own discretion.

I was in one of these Camden Minis about a month ago. I gotta say, for the brief time I was in the car I actually couldn?t stop laughing. The engine and the aircon spent quite a while complaining about the weather (which we were all doing as well). Then they went on to give the front passenger shit for not putting his seatbelt on, and also complained when the driver revved the engine while it was still cold. Apparently they do the "wahoo" and "geronimo" bits when you go round corners quickly enough.

I?m 100% sure I?d get annoyed by this very very quickly if it was actually my car, but the girl who owns it likes it and that?s really all that matters. Also: All the stuff they say is stored in the form of a couple of thousand mp3s on an SD card. So if you ever happen to be really bored you could easily record your own stuff. And if you win the lottery you could get the TG guys to record lots of bits they can?t say on television.

At Mini there are people whose job it is to come up with stuff like this. And if it sells, it?s the right thing to do. Lots of car companies sell things that are that are stupid and useless, and they will continue to do so as long as there are people willing to buy stupid and useless things.

As others have said, it's awesome as long as you can turn it off. Custom sounds!

Of course you can turn it off, wouldn?t want Mini drivers to start bashing their dashboard to pieces...

I think this could actually have been pretty cool if they hadn?t totally overdone all the pseudo cutesy stuff and the worn out slogans like "Let?s Mini". But you wouldn?t believe how many Mini drivers are totally into exactly that sort of stuff. Most of them are more concerned with what colourful flowery vinyls they can stick on their car than with the fact that it easily has one of the most awesome suspensions in any hatchback anywhere. This is the main, no wait, the ONLY reason why I?ve almost completely withdrawn from all the big Mini forums.

That would drive me insane. I would probably end up shooting the dashboard.

Can I have it talk like they do Spatacus: Blood and Sand?

"The Gods spread cheeks only to put cock in ass!"

That is unbelievably awesome. I wonder what it'd sound like on a race track? Hilarious.

That'll be hilarious in 7-8 years when things really start to break. Engine: Ow, Ow, Ow...shift you jackass! Climate:*Cough*cough*no don't turn the air-con on...*screeeeaaammm*

I know people who probably have those conversations in their head while driving.

This is relevant to the question. Ignore the video, just listen to the audio. :D

I'd get some chinese nerd to hack into it and have mr.T saying 'watcha duin suka' and so on.

You don't even have to. As someone else stated here, the soundbites are mp3s on an SD-Card. Not exactely rocket science, given the presence of Rocky 3 and the complete A-Team collection to Mr. T the Mini then.

I think this could actually have been pretty cool if they hadn?t totally overdone all the pseudo cutesy stuff and the worn out slogans like "Let?s Mini". But you wouldn?t believe how many Mini drivers are totally into exactly that sort of stuff. Most of them are more concerned with what colourful flowery vinyls they can stick on their car than with the fact that it easily has one of the most awesome suspensions in any hatchback anywhere.

Well yes, Mini tends to be the Vespa of the car world.

So essentially this is how you turn your Mini in to a Disney theme park ride. The "Let's MINI!" is awful. The rest is amusing.

I'm sorry but every time someone mentions talking cars, I immediately think about car's from the 80's...."The door is ajar..." *closes door* "Thank You" :mad: :blowup: I don't mind chimes, but the talking thing is annoying.

EDIT: I just listened to that. I want my hearing back....

Last edited:
Ambitious but rubbish. Only eighties Trans Ams should be allowed to talk.