I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

I have driven and owned powerful V8's and V6's, but nothing, NOTHING, sits you back in your car seat like the surge from the turbo - wether it be a 4 cyl turbo, 6 cyl or whatever.

Clearly you've never experienced any good amount of torque.

You are talking about a completely different thing. A big N/A or blown torque car feels completely different from a turbo. While the acceleration is great it is just very very linear. A nice turbo is like a kick in the ass, it's like hitting the boost button when the turbo spools up. It really is very different from just a car with alot of torque.

You are talking about a completely different thing. A big N/A or blown torque car feels completely different from a turbo. While the acceleration is great it is just very very linear. A nice turbo is like a kick in the ass, it's like hitting the boost button when the turbo spools up. It really is very different from just a car with alot of torque.

Yep, my Volvo 850 Turbo was like that, once the turbo spooled up you were just pushed back in your seat seemingly out of nowhere.

I do prefer my V8, but there is no denying the joy I found in the previously mentioned experience.

My friend has a VU Maloo Ute. Not sure if you know what that is, in America they call them "Sports Trucks" I think Pontiac are making them now. Like this one.

He's modified it with extractors, exhaust, CAI, cams and a tune to produce over 400rwhp. I've been in that a few times and driven it, so I know the difference. My dad also had a first series 2002 Holden Monaro that had the 235kw/500Nm LS1, and I frequently drove that.

A turbo is a completely different animal, something to which I prefer. Off boost it's an economical city car. On boost it's a V8 eating monster.

I think that the V8 RWD conversion really defeats the purpose of the Evo. I mean the car was designed and built as a purpose built rally car. It is light, agile and has insane amounts of grip. Putting a heavy V8 into it and taking away it's AWD will definetly adversely affect it. Mostly because the car was designed to work with an AWD system and a turbo 4 banger.

Still always fun to see a V8 put into something that was clearly not meant for it ;)

Sure, if you think handling and grip are the same thing.

But for those of us who know what real handling is, its mearly an understeering box with a giant turbo and a stupid spoiler.

No, sir, that's called love.

You're just as bad as the other fanboys here for equating grip with understeer. :rolleyes:

Im sorry, but as much as I wanted to go along with the masses and say that was not really a good thing to do, I had to change my mind hearing that thing running. Good lord it's almost better than Keira Knightley.

The scary thing is that he carbureted that thing too it seems. That thing has a wicked cam in it and it's got a freakin CARBURETOR. That costs big money to do on an LS1 compared to an older smallblock.

But this is just another one of those times where you just gotta sit back and admire what the old pushrod-driven smallblock can do because of it's massive displacement and small size. :)