Ownership Verified: I finally made up my mind on a car, My 2009 STi.

Well, yesterday I got called into work yesterday while I was looking up the jacking points on the car. At work a co-worker has a WRX so I stupidly assumed he knew what he was doing. He started jacking the car up and I got him to stop but not before bending the frame rail.

After that happened, I looked at his car and his frame rails are bent to all hell. So never listen to idiots who tell you you're stupid to look up jacking points.

HNzGQ8j.jpg

lPhH6PV.jpg

Kk4FQdO.jpg

Won't be cheap to fix, if it is fixable.

After that, I inspected my summers and they're worn out, so I'm going to be putting Michelin Supersports on it in a week or two.

Finally got the Supersports in. $1230 CDN with taxes and shipping. Man do Americans get stuff a lot cheaper.

Now I just need to find time to get them mounted.
tfhejX0.jpg

Last edited:
Really bad. Damn.
You had an alignment problem that made one wear out different than the others?

Holy shit dude at your old tires. Check them more often! You shouldn't have been driving on those. :(

Really bad. Damn.
You had an alignment problem that made one wear out different than the others?

I'm getting an alignment check on monday, it has to be out to do that.

Holy shit dude at your old tires. Check them more often! You shouldn't have been driving on those. :(

Yeah I know, I checked out the rears but not the fronts, I knew they were bad, but not that bad.

Today I washed, clayed and polished my car today.

XSzSln4.jpg

yV1SDlW.jpg

As I knew before it's going to need to be repainted.
2oka2YP.jpg

h0SYmh8.jpg

g0JjB4u.jpg

Y12EN2g.jpg

Probably just touch ups for now, other than dozens of rock chips from the previous owner the paint isn't too bad. I figure a few thousand dollars in a a year or two should fix those paint problems.

Last edited:
Probably just touch ups for now, other than dozens of rock chips from the previous owner the paint isn't too bad. I figure a few thousand dollars in a a year or two should fix those paint problems.
If you go through the effort to remove these chips, after the repairs invest in a clear bra to protect those very areas to ensure you don't have to invest so much into that again. When I got my FRS, I paid about $1500 to cover pretty much the entire front and a few exposed bits in the rear. If the installer is good, you'll never notice its even there which is the best part.