Ownership Verified: I finally made up my mind on a car, My 2009 STi.

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
Just got the car today. Sorry for the bad photos, I'll get my real camera tomorrow.

It's a lot faster than my jetta, I'm going to need to learn to take the lead out of my right foot.

unnamed+%25283%2529.jpg

unnamed+%25284%2529.jpg

unnamed+%25282%2529.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed+%25281%2529.jpg

IMG_20140401_220517.jpg

IMG_20140401_220606.jpg

Reactions: TC
Looks great, is it stock? You seem to have something white on your head.

Looks great, is it stock? You seem to have something white on your head.

Completely stock with 59,000 km on the odo. I put that white block on my head in case this car gets me in trouble in the future.

Love it!

I'm actually kind of envious and now I'm wondering what one would run me...

EDIT: Oof, nevermind!

Last edited:
I believe Viper practises safe dorifto so no chance of an STI.

So... These are pictures of the car the last time it ran properly. Right after I took them, while accelerating onto the highway heading home I suspect the engine threw a rod bearing. Aka it's toast. So yeah one day with the car and if extended warranty doesn't cover it it's going to be an expensive repair. The car has a complete service history and no modifications. I know the owner and it's a surprise it happened (but honestly with the stories I've heard about other stis engine issues it wasn't a massive surprise.) I'm gutted though it had it less than 24 hours, I'd being looking at this particular car for a year. I'm not getting my hopes up with this warranty so I'll guess I'll just wait and see.

Anyways here are photos of the car, It'll probably be at the dealership for a while before the battle is done over the extended warranty.

Jiov3mh.jpg

2Y0n0PJ.jpg

GUZBzEE.jpg

fKMOJfj.jpg

ZNFZG2S.jpg

EOntNOp.jpg

ZBWmGGr.jpg

EJJEVQm.jpg

28Y7QUD.jpg

ZunaWPR.jpg

LBZgnsx.jpg

CicTMWW.jpg

Last edited:
:hug:

That is the worst luck. Damn :( I hope the warranty covers it. Even if it doesn't I'm pretty sure such circumstances (here at least) would allow you some form of statutory protection as a consumer. Cars don't just throw rods the day after you buy them (one would hope)

Awful luck, sorry to hear. But you bought it from a dealer? That would be a no-hassle-warranty or cancellation of the purchase here since it happened so fast.

Seems like a straigt up reverse of sale, that.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like it is an abused example. Reverse of sale would be wise if possible. Even if it gets fixed, there may be other issues.

IIRC, STi's of that generation had a habit of leaning out as they go into boost thereby destroying the ringlands. It's caused by a bad stock tune. I believe Cobb has a Stage 0 tune that is meant to correct issues with the stock tune on a stock car. Perhaps that is related to your current issues. Regardless, I hope the warranty covers it. That sucks that it happened so soon.