• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

I GOT AN IDEA TO KEEP THE DLs GOIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru-x

.....rename TOPGEAR files..... to..... "This isn't TOPGEAR".... that way... the BBC has to DL the show to find out if it is topgear or not... and i'm sure they won't bother with it.... :evil:

and besides.... what can the BBC do to us? because isn't it the same thing as FAN SUBS for anime... which is legal i believe.....

Wow why didnt I think of that :lol: You are the driving mechine of our road to having Top Gear unlocked once again :roll:

but really, what can the BBC do? we're out of their jurisdiction.. and how am i a newbie? just trying to think up ideas guys!

ru-x said:
but really, what can the BBC do? we're out of their jurisdiction.. and how am i a newbie? just trying to think up ideas guys!

What do you mean how am I a newbie? You've been a member for less than a day, and have two posts!! Thus, you're a newbie. There's nothing wrong with being one, as we all were at one time, and please keep trying to think up ideas, but ....

FinalGear.com WILL NOT BE HOSTING TORRENTS FOR TOP GEAR!! It's been thrashed to death, and the BBC have their eye on us. I'm sure you'll still find torrents on other sites, but Viper (and many of the regulars here are behind him) wants to keep the site legit. That means not pissing off BBC watchdogs. End of story. The forums will always be around, though, so feel free to stick around - regular posters are always welcome :)

yup... I agree with Sir_dude... what I noticed about people like you (not just you, but ALOT of other members, you know who you are) is you just want to be able to download tg everyweek as quick as possible, and split for the rest of the week... well, the regulars here don't share the same attitude, yes, TG downloads was what made us come here, but we wouldn't like this site to close down or get viper or cubanseeder in trouble because they continue running it... I'm sure the method we have or whatever sensible method that viper/ other members think off in the future would work as well

ru-x said:

The BBC can sue for monetary damages as a result of the de-valuation of their Top Gear property. Unless you are willing to foot a multi-million USD bill to fight them, they aren't out of their jurisdiction.

It's not worth trying to subvert, there will be other ways to see the videos, even if it means waiting a year to see them on TV here.

and besides.... what can the BBC do to us? because isn't it the same thing as FAN SUBS for anime... which is legal i believe.....

The BBC has the right to protect their property, therefore they will do whatever they have to in order to protect it. It's not the same as anime, and im fairly certain that no posting of anime on the internet is legal (or at least it shouldn't be, since someone holds a copyright on it somewhere).

don't be sorry. at the time u posted i'm sure it seemed like
a good idea to you...

learn to take some criticism, and stick around...besides its
only the intarnet :mrgreen:

I've got an even better idea. Everyone needs to participate though to make it happen. Cut out paper in the size of 100 dollar note. Now write 100$ with a edding marker on it. If every member makes one and sends it to the BBC we can compensate them for their loss.

swek said:
I've got an even better idea. Let's cut out Paper the size of 100 dollar notes. Now we'll write 100$ with a edding marker on it. If every member makes one and sends it to the BBC we can compensate them for their loss.

:lmao: ... swek, your posts lately are all :lmao: :lmao:

teh bbc doesn't give a hoot about losses as it has no costs...
hte gov pays for its stuff...

so its main arguement is that ppl in brit are paying for u to watch
it...which they say is not fair...

bahnstormer said:
teh bbc doesn't give a hoot about losses

Of course they do. Part of the BBC's licensing structure is Top Gear. If the product is already available widespread on the Internet, it decrease its market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.