I Got Another Car

patrick10

Car(s)
s13 and a beater daily
its an 1986 audi 5000 cs i think. i dont know but its turbo and awd. its a little rough around the edges but it runs awesome and everything works. it has power heated seats, electronic boost guage, sunroof, leather, and a bunch more shit i dont care to remember all for a grand total of 400 bucks. this car is so much faster than i thought it would be. its probably a 15 sec car which isnt bad when you consider it is 20 years old and has a shit ton of miles on it. after i get emissions done on it, its getting a 3 inch exhaust that comes out behind the front tire like the slr, a chip, and a boost controler i had lying around. it looks beat but someone already did all the body work, it just needs paint which will be rattle can flat black. its also slammed on a set of springs if you cant tell from the pics. its so low

audi2.JPG

100_3871.JPG

100_3872.JPG

100_3873.JPG

100_3875.JPG

100_3876.JPG

100_3877.JPG

100_3878.JPG

and the only pic i took bc my bro has my camera
http://img210.imageshack.**/img210/294/7268008522712261308bf.jpg
its a 2.2L i5

God damn that puts my cars miles to shame!!

If it was mine I'd put a Skyjacker kit on it and turn it into an offroad ralleye car. :lol: 8)

Kebab gud said:
im sorry but .... what a load of shi**
i need a daily bc my 240 is going under the knife and i dont have much money. i know its a pos but it runs awesome(rebuild with new clutcch 25k ago) and was cheap as hell. im sorry but i cant afford better

M3lover said:
With a paint job and some TLC, i think it will be a really nice car for the money. Not sure about how good it would look with the "SLR" exhaust.
it would just be temporary until me and my buddy finish the 3 incher all the way back(with a magnaflow muffler and a resonator)

its an 1986 audi 5000 cs i think. i dont know but its turbo and awd.
:lmao:

I'm loving the eyebrows over the headlights, fabricated with pride from electrical tape, undoubtedly. POWAH! :p

For $400 bucks, though, that's the quintessential beater that you won't be afraid to smash the hell out of. Just think, with a turbo and AWD, it's a 20-year old WRX Wagon that's survived the Crimean War! "Character," they call it. ;)

Plus, with all that room in the back...:wicked:

nice buy! never seen those in wagon before

loose the eyebrows though :no:

The roof rails are bringing the pimp factor even further down..

But the lack of styling says that you dont give a shit.. Which is cool

Nice car... dont worry about wat some of these goofs say... its better than nothing. rite?

plus with the plans that u told us... i think its gonna end up good

nice ride

Re: I Got Another Car

Roman said:
patrick10 said:
... rattle can flat black.
:lol: I like the way you say it.

Careful with upping the boost, car is o o o o o ld.
You don't want to blow the bottom end.
all i have to say about that is 400 bucks....... plus then i can do a dohc quattro 20v swap

ALot of you may too young to remember this, but Audi 5000's were blamed in the mid 1980's for as the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) dubbed, "Sudden Vehicle Accelaration". Apparently when pressing the brake, the car would suddenly lurch forward. NHTSA did months of research, and came to the conclusion that SVA was caused by rich dimwit Americans who, being used to American cars with their pedals 3 miles apart from each other,were hitting the brake and gas at the same time!! :lol: Experienced drivers know that the closer the pedals, the safer it is, thus why Audi and ALL European manf. designed their cars this way. The 5000 rapidly lost out on sales because of "SVA". If you want to see how extreme pedal placement was on American cars, check out a 1968 Camaro with a manual. No shit, the pedals are nearly a foot apart from each other.

jayhawk said:
ALot of you may too young to remember this, but Audi 5000's were blamed in the mid 1980's for as the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) dubbed, "Sudden Vehicle Accelaration". Apparently when pressing the brake, the car would suddenly lurch forward. NHTSA did months of research, and came to the conclusion that SVA was caused by rich dimwit Americans who, being used to American cars with their pedals 3 miles apart from each other,were hitting the brake and gas at the same time!! :lol: Experienced drivers know that the closer the pedals, the safer it is, thus why Audi and ALL European manf. designed their cars this way. The 5000 rapidly lost out on sales because of "SVA". If you want to see how extreme pedal placement was on American cars, check out a 1968 Camaro with a manual. No shit, the pedals are nearly a foot apart from each other.
So THAT'S what it was about! 60 Minutes made a huge deal out of it, blaming the cars themselves and not the club-footed drivers, right? Man, I feel young and stupid.

That, or you're pulling my leg, ya bastard. :lol:

With a bit of work, that thing could come up pretty awesome. I just hope it doesn't bite you on the arse, and feel like it's as tight as a drum, but really isn't. I've had 2 friends buy cars like that.

That car has definetly seen a lotta days, but it's still a sweet ride. 8)