I HATE EVs because...

hey man this whole thread is just a collection of weirdness that borders on satire :D don’t take anything in here seriously for a second! I fell for it at some point and responded to one of those Fox News crazy quotes with a serious reply... Not gonna do that again lol

anyway lighten up! No need to call anyone any names, right? if he wants to worship the 2010 prius like a god let him have his fun, who cares? (where did that come from, anyway? I must’ve missed that…)
Hey man, you are very right, but I have been keeping my eye on 57 whatever dude, and he really is a vicious, mean little bitch, so my spikes go up whenever he mentions me.

hey man this whole thread is just a collection of weirdness that borders on satire :D don’t take anything in here seriously for a second!

Screenshot_20220721-182910.png

From the files of: Had to come from somewhere...
Screenshot_20220801-135554.png

This guy must have just watch The Right Stuff though why he wanted to do it in a post about EVs.
f8586b5b-bed8-4594-92cd-d3ab9d79e43c_screenshot.jpg

I don't think he got the joke

Last edited:
Oh oh, I can add to this after my recent experience from Sixt at the Frankfurt airport!

I get to car rentals and after waiting 30 minutes for an available car, I was asked if I would like an electric car, I thought, why not. I’m given the keys to an Opel Mokka e. Load my shit in and see the charge level is 10%. I was not given any charge cards or explained how it works. I leave the airport because im hot and sweaty after carrying my two bags through the airport after an 8hr flight. I just want to go.

So I thought “no problem” and I would find a charging station easy because I’m in a city. Didn’t find any and ended up calling @leviathan who guided me to a charging station because my data wasn’t working, but I could message and call through telegram. Once I’m there I figure it would be easy, it says I need to attach the plug and activate either through an app or pay contactless. Which I found the contactless wasn’t working or just not activated. Either way, no charge. The car saw the charger and was waiting to charge. Since I felt like the dumbest person on earth, I call @leviathan again and he was able to activate the charger through an app he uses for his Tesla charging. Great.

Sie how do you turn it off? Ah, you would think with activating, something would change in the display, but no! So I had bother @leviathan yet again to have him stop the charger since the plug gets locked into the jack on the car during the charging process. I end up returning the car back to Sixt and was given a diesel Citroen C4 with low AdBlue. :)

But at least the Citroen could be driven and refueled normally without needing to use an app to switch on and off a fuel pump.

So my first experience with an electric car could not have been worse and sadly for me, I’m now very firm with that we are not ready for widespread electric car use. Not until charging is as a simple as, insert payment, take charger cable and plug it in, and wait until full or stop when you want to leave, and payment is complete. Until recharging is as simple as refueling an ICE car, I don’t want to deal with it.

And the only way this is possible is if you have a charger at home.

61B911C6-F110-41D3-9E80-1DD35597B8E5.jpeg

Last edited:
True. Just that an ICE car will apparently be much easier to refill.

This is more a Sixt issue than an electric car issue. You'd be annoyed too if they gave you an ICE car running on fumes.
Of course, but going to a fuel station doesn’t require an app and I can pay by card without problems.

Between a dead EV and a diesel with no adblue in it, i would send Sixt some sour feedback. My car goes about 15000km on a full tank of adblue so it wouldn’t exactly be difficult to keep your rentals topped up.

Yeah, Sixt fucked this up big time. A Mokka-E is not the greatest EV to begin with, but fully charged it'd at least make a decent city runabout for Frankfurt. Giving someone unfamiliar with EVs one at 10% charge and with no charging RFID or explanation how to get it charged is a bit ridiculous, especially since Chris needed to go some 250km down to Freiburg and then back some days later... that thing would struggle to do the route in one go, even at 100%. And then swapping for a diesel with no AdBlue is just adding insult to injury, really.

Between a dead EV and a diesel with no adblue in it, i would send Sixt some sour feedback. My car goes about 15000km on a full tank of adblue so it wouldn’t exactly be difficult to keep your rentals topped up.
...and this diesel at least will eventually refuse to start without weewee in it.

...and this diesel at least will eventually refuse to start without weewee in it.

They all do that. AdBlue is just a part of the exhaust aftertreatment system and not actually needed to make the car go brrrr. They have to fake some running issues, otherwise people would just keep driving and not give a toss when the adblue runs out.

They have to fake some running issues, otherwise people would just keep driving and not give a toss when the adblue runs out.
I'd phrase it as "without weewee the car isn't compliant with emissions, therefore illegal to operate".

I'd phrase it as "without weewee the car isn't compliant with emissions, therefore illegal to operate".

And approximately 9% of people would obey and top up. The rest would just drive with the weewee light on.

If I learned anything from watching The Car Wizard on Youtube it's that some modern cars won't let you have things like cruise control or air conditioning until you get that emissions related trouble code taken care of.

Yeah, this is like textbook stuff for when Big Oil wanted to scare a regular person away from wanting to drive an electric vehicle. Throw him in the pool without any assistance, how's he gonna cope?

Not until charging is as a simple as, insert payment, take charger cable and plug it in, and wait until full or stop when you want to leave, and payment is complete. Until recharging is as simple as refueling an ICE car, I don’t want to deal with it.
This is how I live. I inserted payment when I registered at the provider and got the tag in the mail, and now the car's always ready when I leave work or my shopping is done, not only when home charging. But without any RFID tags or any registration or any guidance how to survive ... how could it have worked for you?

If I learned anything from watching The Car Wizard on Youtube it's that some modern cars won't let you have things like cruise control or air conditioning until you get that emissions related trouble code taken care of.

The BRZ throws a random P0420 code. When it does, the cruise control turns off and the light on the instrument cluster goes from green to yellow. The Jeep Patriot won't let you use the remote start when it throws a code for the evaporative emissions.

The BRZ throws a random P0420 code. When it does, the cruise control turns off and the light on the instrument cluster goes from green to yellow. The Jeep Patriot won't let you use the remote start when it throws a code for the evaporative emissions.

Or if you’re low on fuel I found.

Oh oh, I can add to this after my recent experience from Sixt at the Frankfurt airport!

I get to car rentals and after waiting 30 minutes for an available car, I was asked if I would like an electric car, I thought, why not. I’m given the keys to an Opel Mokka e. Load my shit in and see the charge level is 10%. I was not given any charge cards or explained how it works. I leave the airport because im hot and sweaty after carrying my two bags through the airport after an 8hr flight. I just want to go.

So I thought “no problem” and I would find a charging station easy because I’m in a city. Didn’t find any and ended up calling @leviathan who guided me to a charging station because my data wasn’t working, but I could message and call through telegram. Once I’m there I figure it would be easy, it says I need to attach the plug and activate either through an app or pay contactless. Which I found the contactless wasn’t working or just not activated. Either way, no charge. The car saw the charger and was waiting to charge. Since I felt like the dumbest person on earth, I call @leviathan again and he was able to activate the charger through an app he uses for his Tesla charging. Great.

Sie how do you turn it off? Ah, you would think with activating, something would change in the display, but no! So I had bother @leviathan yet again to have him stop the charger since the plug gets locked into the jack on the car during the charging process. I end up returning the car back to Sixt and was given a diesel Citroen C4 with low AdBlue. :)

But at least the Citroen could be driven and refueled normally without needing to use an app to switch on and off a fuel pump.

So my first experience with an electric car could not have been worse and sadly for me, I’m now very firm with that we are not ready for widespread electric car use. Not until charging is as a simple as, insert payment, take charger cable and plug it in, and wait until full or stop when you want to leave, and payment is complete. Until recharging is as simple as refueling an ICE car, I don’t want to deal with it.

And the only way this is possible is if you have a charger at home.

View attachment 3566514

This is more a Sixt issue

Yeah, Sixt fucked this up big time.

agreed, you upset the rental gods.

Of course, but going to a fuel station doesn’t require an app and I can pay by card without problems.

So I think that this is a security concept to prevent skimming. Idea being that there is a layer of the website to enter credit card information. Which once done does make it pretty slick use your phone to activate and pay.

Then as a back up to your phone you sometimes have a card which like an idiot I put in my glove compartment so if stolen they can recharge and drive farther.

You are correct they should have the option of credit cards on the terminal. That said I would probably say the membership value of using the phone would be how I ended up interacting with them regardless. Until a government universalizes the interface minimums... pile of cards.

IMG_20220828_134435493.jpg

But gas cars have problems too 😂

captures_chrome-capture-2022-7-28 (2).png

Last edited: