I hope other states follow this great example of awesome from TX

Good point :p

I think he was talking about Montana and Wyoming :p

If it weren't for the heat and getting shot for being a foreigner AND a jew I would totally move to TX :p

Uhhh.... you do know the following, right?

1. We have a large Russian community. Which is good, since I like good borscht from time to time.
2. We have a large Jewish community. They just built a huge new synagogue not far away from here, actually.
3. We have quite a few Russian Jews about. One of my oldest clients is a firm run by Jews and employs mainly Russian Jews. Nobody makes a big deal about it; I saw more anti-Jew bigotry in LA than I ever have in Dallas.
4. If you move here you can buy guns. Strangely, if you have a gun, people are less likely to persecute you than if you don't - and that's true for everywhere, not just here. This may explain why we have so many Jews with guns and why nobody messes with them.
5. We air condition damn near everything. Except for getting into and out of the car, you need not be out of climate controlled conditions if you do not wish to.

Last edited:
5. We air condition damn near everything. Except for getting into and out of the car, you need not be out of climate controlled conditions if you do not wish to.

This is truth. My family went to TX on vacation a few years ago, and even the Alamo is air-conditioned.

This is truth. My family went to TX on vacation a few years ago, and even the Alamo is air-conditioned.

Well, we had to do something after all those Yankee tourists kept keeling over from heat stroke on a mild spring day... :p :D

1. We have a large Russian community. Which is good, since I like good borscht from time to time.
2. We have a large Jewish community. They just built a huge new synagogue not far away from here, actually.
3. We have quite a few Russian Jews about. One of my oldest clients is a firm run by Jews and employs mainly Russian Jews. Nobody makes a big deal about it; I saw more anti-Jew bigotry in LA than I ever have in Dallas.
4. If you move here you can buy guns. Strangely, if you have a gun, people are less likely to persecute you than if you don't - and that's true for everywhere, not just here. This may explain why we have so many Jews with guns and why nobody messes with them.

Spectre speaks the truth - see Jack Ruby.

On the subject of speed limits, I'm tempted to change my route back East from taking 80 to taking 40 or 20. Although that means I won't be able to crash on Blind_Io's couch when I get to Salt Lake City, I would end up bypassing Nebraska.

Kidding, Blind_Io!

I was joking around don't take it personally. I generally dislike hot climates no matter A/C or not. Hot climates would also discourage me from doing ANY outside activity and I barely do any as it is, and I do like seasons that's my biggest thing really. My g/f is very against guns so I'm not allowed to have any :'(

Last edited:
I was joking around don't take it personally. I generally dislike hot climates no matter A/C or not, most of the places I go to have A/C here as well so not really a big deal. My g/f is very against guns so I'm not allowed to have any :'(

You need a new girlfriend. :p Fortunately, there are many smokingly hot Jewish girls down here, if that's what you're looking for - and they're not the annoying "Princess" type so common in New York. :p

Last edited:
Seasons are overrated. :D

Hey, we do have all four seasons here.

I'd have pictures of last spring, but unfortunately I slept in late one morning and missed the entire thing. :p

Hey, we do have all four seasons here.

I'd have pictures of last spring, but unfortunately I slept in late one morning and missed the entire thing. :p

Us too, you just have to drive to them. :p

I just love the fact that I don't have a front license plate and I can run summer tires year round. :lol:

We're working on the front plate this legislative session. It's being run as a 'cost saving measure'.

You need a new girlfriend. :p Fortunately, there are many smokingly hot Jewish girls down here, if that's what you're looking for - and they're not the annoying "Princess" type so common in New York. :p
Hehe, nah I think I'll keep mine. Also never really liked Jewish women they generally have no butts and I like big butts :p

These, surprisingly, are the top 5 things that make me sick, and in correct order. (...and yes, I'm a russian jew with an uncanny ability to catch a cold after 30seconds near the A/C)

Last edited:
God, i hate California...

Any engineering companies hiring in Texas?

Any engineering companies hiring in Texas?

Other than LockMart, Raytheon, Texas Instruments, Alliant, Bell Textron and the 13,000-odd other defense/aerospace companies here?

Yes. :D Texas is still hiring, which is why everyone is coming here. Oh yeah, we have no state, county, city, or local income tax either.

Yeah, but I'm not a US Citizen, and most of the listings I've seen are citizens only. Security clearances are also a pain.

I so wouldn't mind starting my career in the US....just not much of an aerospace industry down here I'm afraid.

Last edited: