• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

I just came back from the Nuerburgring....

And I think that everybody who has the slightest fun in driving should go there and take a lap.

Me and a friend did a 13' and spare seconds on a Mini One Diesel (I know, but that's what we had)... and we feel so proud!!!

This morning btw I've been woken up by the roar of the DTM cars in free practice... Nuerburg is a great place.

Anybody else wants to share his thoughts? I am leaving for a week at the sea :D

I do that lap time in a van!

[/sabine voice]

:lol:

You lucky bugger... How was the atmosphere?? Are there people (locals) who get annoyed with tourists in their slow cars??

Firecat said:

[/sabine voice]

:p :lol:

Once I get out of school, i'm gonna go to the Ring, take a lap in an M5 ring taxi and also pay for one days use of an AMG around that track. To conclude, I will go to the Essen motorshow where all the German tuners (Brabus, Carlsson, Kleemann, Hamann etc..) bring out their expensive mechines. Thats my dream :blush:

What country are you originally from Jack?

One summer I want to have a super-long roadtrip that takes me from Saudi Arabia to Europe, through Germany (on the autobahns! :thumbsup: ), and finishes up at the N?rburgring. 8)

Actually it's: "I do zat lap time in e van!"

:D

Firecat said:

[/sabine voice]

Sparse answers:

1) Unfortunately I didn't meet Sabine, but i went in pilgrimage to her house ;)
2) Actually there wasn't that much people, mostly bikers (with some great bikes hehehe). The funniest i saw was a swedish guy that finished his lap in his S4 and when he came back to the parking had all 4 brakes smoking like crazy... he wasn't happy oh no no no.
The locals are just great (quick suggestion: I slept at the Lindenhof Gasthaus, nice, clean, cheap and with a great restaurant and a huge and yummy breakfast), and I think they like the people coming there as long as they don't roar with cars on public roads.
3) I come from Italy, to put it simple ;)

The Ring is definitely a do-once-before-you-die thing for us motorheads. Of course, it's slightly more acessible for some then others. I, for one, happen to be stuck on the wrong continent. :bangin:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The Ring is definitely a do-once-beore-you-die thing for us motorheads. Of course, it's slightly more acessible for some then others. I, for one, happen to be stuck on the wrong continent. :bangin:

Yeah, I totally agree, its on my to-do in life list.

I plan when I'm finished college and have a few quid under my belt to go on a roadtrip with herself (or the new updated model) from Ireland through the UK down through France, through the alps into Austria, Switzerland up through Germany to the Ring, then home through Holland and Belgium ...

BTW, its the Nurburgring Nordschliefe not the Nuerburgring :woot:

Cosworth said:

it's the N?rburgring Nordschleife to be exact :p

Was going there along with my friend from Munich (and his new M5), but plan changed... Last time I was there (summer 2003), the M5 was still a prototype

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The Ring is definitely a do-once-beore-you-die thing for us motorheads. Of course, it's slightly more acessible for some then others. I, for one, happen to be stuck on the wrong continent. :bangin:

agree on both statements :stig:

fluke667 said:
Cosworth said:

it's the N?rburgring Nordschleife to be exact :p

Damn, i really want to visit the Benz and Porsche museums.
Do you have any pics from those places?

mautzel said:
I'm eagerly looking forward to go there in September to have a lap in the Ringtaxi :D
Bring your money. IIRC, it's 90 Euro per lap.