I Just Can't Throw ... Out

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
What is/are the things that you just can't throw away? Whether it has nostalgic value, embarrassment value, sentimental value, or you have the belief that it will be worth millions one day or will come back into fashion, you have hung on to it regardless of the fact that it sits in the cupboard / garage gathering dust.

I Just Can't Throw My Jacket Out

My denim jacket, circa 1986. Yes, the original Hysteria back patch was added in 1987. Other patches have come and gone, but that one remains. I wore the jacket everywhere. If it could talk, I would have to shoot it lest it spill secrets to my parents. It's still in the cupboard, still fits (mostly), and occasionally gets worn around the house when I'm feeling sentimental or am rather drunk with my girlfriends who also dig theirs out, the stereo cranked, the hair teased, and the hair brushes pressed into service as microphones.

Old computers. They'll come in useful one day, right? Right? Even if it's only for spare parts. I think my oldest is.. hmm... when was the 486 considered the height of technology? :ph34r:

Last edited:
Boxes, because I have stuff to put in them and I'll do it one day, right?

Plus they're great fun to play with. Who doesn't like playing with boxes?

Computers... I have a PowerMac G4 and an iBook G4 I never use. I can't justify throwing them out. Plus, who wants an machine that can't run newer software purely because Apple changed CPU's??

I got boxes of old toys. Model cars, Legos, those k'nex things, etc. Now that I have a nephew, I may be able to re-gift most of it.

I got boxes of old toys. Model cars, Legos, those k'nex things, etc. Now that I have a nephew, I may be able to re-gift most of it.

Make sure you keep the boxes.

Reactions: TC
Everything.....it's a disease.

Old computers? Old toys? Old furniture? Clothes from when I was 14? Bits of wood(!)? Vhs tapes (my last VCR broke 5 years ago)? I even still have my first leather jacket from whan I was 12....if I ever move I won't need a moving truck I will need a fleet of semis.

Dead hookers. Each one has its own special memory attached to it. That and a dental record.

I have a ton of LEGO but I still play with them. Er, I mean build.

I have various computer parts just sitting around as well - RAM, fans, mobos, hard drives, keyboards, mice, monitors, etc. That's mostly out of laziness though.

Stuffed toys. YEs, I know, I'm such a girl, but they're not actually toys, they're real little people with personalities and everything.

Pay slips - well the wife made me - did you know I earnt 147 GBP per month in 1975, no see and now I can not proove it :( ?

Pay slips - well the wife made me - did you know I earnt 147 GBP per month in 1975, no see and now I can not proove it :( ?

Oh man, after the latest run-in I had with Human Resources over proving how long I'd been working in the NHS I wish I'd've kept all my pay slips :(

I still have an old, empty lighter that I stole from an old girlfriend the time I went to visit her when she was on a uni placement in Spain. The best, most memorable and most incredible 'holiday' I've ever had... So many reasons why, but this isn't the 'Not safe for prying eyes' thread. :p