I know who the STIG is

kanderson

Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
If you really think about it, you wouldn't be able to hear the music so clearly if it really were playing on the car's stereo system. But it's very clear and level balanced in the TG broadcast. It's just another way Clarkson pokes fun at the Stig.

whoster

Car(s)
Lexus GS400
jeremy, richard, nor james wears any microphones when inside the car--the microphone is placed inside the car, where it picks up sound nice and clearly.

the stig's music isn't added in, it's played through the stereo and the internal microphone picks it up along with the engine sound.

rzzth

whoster said:
the stig's music isn't added in, it's played through the stereo and the internal microphone picks it up along with the engine sound.
So how the hell has he then been able to listen to the radio in cars that dont have a radio? e.g. F360CS and the MC12

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
whoster said:
jeremy, richard, nor james wears any microphones when inside the car--the microphone is placed inside the car, where it picks up sound nice and clearly.

I do hope you're taking the piss...

kanderson

Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
internal microphone picks it up
Listen carefully to any of the Stig sessions. The music is in its original studio-recorded stereo, while the engine and car sounds are on a different balance. The music is mixed, not recorded in the car.

Besides, different car stereo systems produce different sound qualities but the music is always the same quality from car to car.

Leppy

whoster said:

You might be the whoster and approved your message. But its incorrect.

fareway

Car(s)
BMW 316i E36
Was, yes
Is, no

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
kanderson said:
I do hope you're taking the piss
I'm curious what the American translation is for this statement. (Off topic)

I'm curious what the ghetto talk translation would be :mrgreen:

Thrasher

Car(s)
1976 BMW 2002
In the episode where they test the Porsche 911 RS against the Ferrari 360 CS, zit looked like the stig driving the car had girl hands to me. Of course teh person was wearing gloves so It's kinda hard to tell but the hands and how the person steered reminded me of a girl

rzzth

Doesnt really matter but if you compare the watch the stig is wearing, its suunto wristtop computer, not sure on the model it could be a yatchsman or a x-lander to the watch Ben Collins is wearing in the aygo football or bowler wildcat vs boy segments, the stigs watch is different. Yes he couldve swapped them but its another clue to the stigs identity. The stig is prolly not Ben Collins.

Chupacabras

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza
kanderson said:
I do hope you're taking the piss
I'm curious what the American translation is for this statement. (Off topic)

bull shitting

purposely saying things that he/she knows to be false for effect... playing devils advocate ect...

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
vanMould said:
Why is the Stig called the Stig anyway? I haven't seen the episode when he's intruduced...

a reference to Stig Blomqvist perhaps (yes I know the spellings off, but my google shortcut is all the way over there)

Fridrik

The most stupid thing about the Stig always "listening" to music... is that some of the supercars he/she is driving don't even have stereo!

Hatmouse

Car(s)
'03 Civic Si
That, and consider the first Discovery Channel episode. The Exige track segment doesn't have any REO Speedwagon blaring away, unlike the BBC version. And the 360CS music is not a power ballad in the American version either.

bihus

Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
FATMOUSE said:
That, and consider the first Discovery Channel episode. The Exige track segment doesn't have any REO Speedwagon blaring away, unlike the BBC version. And the 360CS music is not a power ballad in the American version either.

You don't go joking and acting funny to people you just met, do you? The Top Gear crew has just been presented to the american audience, so they shouldn't begin with their funny actings that wouldn't be understood.