I know who the STIG is

615_image_20.jpg

Rob Schneider is derped da derr!

(If you aren't a South Park fan, ignore this post - you won't get it :p)

Rob Schneider? WTF :?: :?: :?:

Stig could definately be the guy in the hot metal video (haven't watched yet). He's probibly the same age and does seem very similar.

But if we do get it right and it gets out, won't they just have to get another stig, and we'd just start over again? (something to think about)

f1freak said:
But if we do get it right and it gets out, won't they just have to get another stig, and we'd just start over again? (something to think about)
Possibly, but isn't it fun? :lol:
And we'll have defeated TG and JC...
And we could get famous as the cyber detectives....
I can see the headlines:
"A group of car enthusiasts from all over the world solve the Stig mystery using only wit and google"

See, the possibilities are endless :p

Both of the Stigs could be the same person wearing different clothes.
So could the 3rd one.

Nope, not possible, I think it's known now that McCarthy (the old stig) is not the new stig, and their driving style and lap times are a lot different...

zenon said:
615_image_20.jpg

Rob Schneider is derped da derr!

(If you aren't a South Park fan, ignore this post - you won't get it :p)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Rob Schneider iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss.....
.......a CARROT!
...... a Stippler! And he finds out that when youre a stippler, hooking up with girls, aint that easy!

(Thats from that SP episode when those phsycic people are lying on that TV show. VERY funny!)

After the episode from 19th Decemer, I'm pretty sure the Stig is Damon Hill, or another F1 legend (retired) :)

Andrew911tt said:
Where did you learn that it was McCarthy and who is McCarthy?
Well he wrote a book were he said he was the Stig. There also was an interview with him on BBC radio, you can download it here

He is a racing driver. He drove in the Formula Ford, the F3 and F3000 series in the 80's. In the 90's he drove in the IMSA sports cars series in the US, and he got one year in F1. But unfortunately he didn't drove a race in a F1 car due to problems with his team. After his short F1 career he went into GT Endurance racing, and entered Le Mans a couple of times.

Derek said:
After the episode from 19th Decemer, I'm pretty sure the Stig is Damon Hill, or another F1 legend (retired) :)
Wouldn't it be hard for Damon Hill to hide the fact he's the Stig? Everyone knows him, and he wouldn't get unnoticed to the TopGear studio at Dunsfold.

I've posted this before somewhere. It's not Damon cause he would cost too much. And you don't pay a fortune on a famous driver and not reveal his identity. :p

And who says it was the regular Stig that drove the Renault?

And who says it was the regular Stig that drove the Renault?

Maybe because Jeremy said so...?

I think they just wanted to make it funny... nice license plate you got there corbreth... and of course... nice car... but I still prefer the generation prior to yours :wink:

Perry Macarthy = The Stig

I still think it's Damon Hill though - he's big buddies with JC and I bet he'd do it for free just for the laugh.

And, DH is about the same height and build as The Stig.

rhegedus said:
Perry Macarthy = The Stig

I still think it's Damon Hill though - he's big buddies with JC and I bet he'd do it for free just for the laugh.

And, DH is about the same height and build as The Stig.

According to Perry McCarthy's book, they had Damon Hill substitute a few times as the Stig when Perry wasn't available. He didn't specify which segments though.