I know who the STIG is

good info...but i think were more concerned with "white stig" but he does menton its a girl...strange...most likely a diversion!

It's probably a joke. Something like "Damon Hill has such a long hair that he looks just like a girl!" :p

I think it is Martin Brundle.

Sometimes you see the Stig has short dark hair.

Just like Martin brundle has.

Scud said:
Sometimes you see the Stig has short dark hair.
Um, what? How? :think:

If the Stig has short hair and always wears a helmet, when would you ever get a glimpse of it? If he had long hair you may see it poking out every now and then, but I really don't understand how you could ever see his hair.

You see it from his neck that he has short cut dark hair.

Dont know if it's longer on his head but on his neck it short and dark.

I have jsut been looking through the latest Top Gear magazine and there is a section on the F1 car. And in the drivers seat in a few photos is someone that looks very similar to the person in the hot metal dvd!! This guy could by all means be an engineer but he seems far too comfortable in the car to not be the driver. He is also fairly young and is definatley not Damon Hill or even the first stig. Thought this might help!

Could be, could be. Very interesting. Can anyone find pics from the magazine? Does it say if they made a special seat for the stig, and if this guy is in it then I'd say that's pretty conclusive. Most of the time they will make a special seat for a driver but not always. Is he the guy from the dvd and what is he wearing?

:cry: could this be the end?

The only thing that you can see he is wearing is a blue top, becasue in the pics he is sitting in the car, its the same colour blue as the car itself. If you could tell me where i can host pics i'll try and put some up! It also doesn't say anything about a custom seat!

Has anyone thought that maybe the stig isn't actually just one person?

I mean... Could it be possible that "the stig" is just the test driver for the company's car? I mean who better to get the best out of a car than the person who was crucial in its design?

I just thought that after the Williams F1 car came to the track...

Just a theory.

The Guv'nor said:
I have jsut been looking through the latest Top Gear magazine and there is a section on the F1 car. And in the drivers seat in a few photos is someone that looks very similar to the person in the hot metal dvd!! This guy could by all means be an engineer but he seems far too comfortable in the car to not be the driver. He is also fairly young and is definatley not Damon Hill or even the first stig. Thought this might help!

You would have to show use a pic... Stiggy is obviousyly pretty small in size. If this guy you mention is also small, we might have a winner...

Buba

We deffinately need to see that pic. If he's wearing a shirt the same color as the car he's probably a team member, especially if there are sponsors on it. It's entirely possible that this wasn't the regular Stig. I keep thinking about his helmet. They probably wouldn't let him use his regular helmet in this car but did they bring a white one just for him? And even if the guy is about the same size as the Stig, I think that's far from conclusive.
Just some ideas.

Also, if the guy seemed comfortable in the car then he probably isn't a guy who's just sitting in it the first time like ol' Stiggy would be. The preceding has been another thought.

all we need is someone to stalk the stig after work and post pics online and boom we need a new stig.

If that would happen then we need to come up with a better way to kill off this one....... I say we let him crash Clarkson's GT40 into the wall of the studio :D