I know who the STIG is

NeuroVic said:
rhegedus said:
Perry Macarthy = The Stig

I still think it's Damon Hill though - he's big buddies with JC and I bet he'd do it for free just for the laugh.

And, DH is about the same height and build as The Stig.

According to Perry McCarthy's book, they had Damon Hill substitute a few times as the Stig when Perry wasn't available. He didn't specify which segments though.

THe faster ones.

Funny enough, a friend of mine, he's not on here, and I talked about Top Gear sometimes earlier. I told him who the black stig was and he said right away, then the new one could be Damon Hill...

Buba

Yeah i would say Damon Hill too.

And don't forget that Renault let the Stig drive the 2004 F1 car. I don't think they'd let just any driver drive it no matter how good they are in other categories. Sure he'd get some test laps but to be as good as he was in the episode i'd say he'd have to be a former driver and a pretty recent one at that.

jasonchiu said:
hmm sounds like a good guess, damon hill writes in TG magazine sometimes

Another reason why it isnt him. I dont think they'd make it that easy to guess, but it would be very cool if it was him

What if its Steve Coogan? Stig has actually been in an ep, how cool would that be? I do doubt Coogan is good enough though, but hey....

I don't doubt it, I'm sure... 8)

Buba

Yopu're assuming the guy who drove the renault f1 was the stig and not just another guy in a white suit and helmet. Conspiricy theories ahoy!

Some interisting things I found
This year the Stig's suit was made by alpinestar, the official supplier of RenaultF1, unlike before. (hmm...) They said Alonso was busy but Renault has a test driver, Franck Montagny, who could've steped in, but the driving style of Renault drivers is to turn in quickly to reduce oversteer. In the video Stig does not do this as far as I can tell. In races it was pretty pronounced. F1 cars require precise fitment and drivers have specially molded seats. Stig might have been able to fit into another driver's seat though. His helmet was different than usual for this test but not the usual Renault one. Also the tires on the car were not the newer intermediate tires but older ones used until mid-season. I don't know if that means anything but it could.
Oh, also Damon Hill's height is 6'1". Don't know if this helps anyone.

Good research!
Anybody has a guess how tall the Stig is? Somewhere standing next to yomebody we know the height?
BTW how tall is 6'1'' in cm??

Buba

Real logic... Could have thought of that...

Daniel said:
Never stop asking. Thats a girl thing. :)

Do you say that because I told some other guys they are girls because of writing essays instead of proper blokish posting? :no: :no: :no:

Buba :mrgreen:

I think that the Stig is Rowan Atkinson. Why? Because he has born with casoline running in his veins and he hasn't been a star in the Reasonably priced car.

The Black Stig was Perry McCarthy.

I have no idea who the White Stig is... I know he's too big to be Damon Hill though ;)

ISKTR said:
I think that the Stig is Rowan Atkinson. Why? Because he has born with casoline running in his veins and he hasn't been a star in the Reasonably priced car.

Hmm I thought of that too but thought..Naah...
Jeremy mentioned him a while ago, don't remember what episode it was, he wanted to race with someone....thinking...Rowan couldn't show up for some reason...

Jostyrostelli said:
ISKTR said:
Hmm I thought of that too but thought..Naah...
Jeremy mentioned him a while ago, don't remember what episode it was, he wanted to race with someone....thinking...Rowan couldn't show up for some reason...

It was the episode where they compared the Ferrari 575 and the Aston-Martin Vanquish S at the track. Steve Coogan was there against Clarkson. I begun thinking this, and it could be a very smart smoke-screen or an inside joke to mention Atkinson at that point. Maybe he was on the other side of the airport getting familiar with some other car. ;)

By the way, has anyone got the energy to dig up info on Atkinson's taste in music? It might be mentioned in some interview.