I know who the STIG is

If you really think about it, you wouldn't be able to hear the music so clearly if it really were playing on the car's stereo system. But it's very clear and level balanced in the TG broadcast. It's just another way Clarkson pokes fun at the Stig.

jeremy, richard, nor james wears any microphones when inside the car--the microphone is placed inside the car, where it picks up sound nice and clearly.

the stig's music isn't added in, it's played through the stereo and the internal microphone picks it up along with the engine sound.

whoster said:
the stig's music isn't added in, it's played through the stereo and the internal microphone picks it up along with the engine sound.
So how the hell has he then been able to listen to the radio in cars that dont have a radio? e.g. F360CS and the MC12

whoster said:
jeremy, richard, nor james wears any microphones when inside the car--the microphone is placed inside the car, where it picks up sound nice and clearly.

I do hope you're taking the piss...

internal microphone picks it up
Listen carefully to any of the Stig sessions. The music is in its original studio-recorded stereo, while the engine and car sounds are on a different balance. The music is mixed, not recorded in the car.

Besides, different car stereo systems produce different sound qualities but the music is always the same quality from car to car.

whoster said:

You might be the whoster and approved your message. But its incorrect.

Was, yes
Is, no

kanderson said:
I do hope you're taking the piss
I'm curious what the American translation is for this statement. (Off topic)

I'm curious what the ghetto talk translation would be :mrgreen:

In the episode where they test the Porsche 911 RS against the Ferrari 360 CS, zit looked like the stig driving the car had girl hands to me. Of course teh person was wearing gloves so It's kinda hard to tell but the hands and how the person steered reminded me of a girl

Doesnt really matter but if you compare the watch the stig is wearing, its suunto wristtop computer, not sure on the model it could be a yatchsman or a x-lander to the watch Ben Collins is wearing in the aygo football or bowler wildcat vs boy segments, the stigs watch is different. Yes he couldve swapped them but its another clue to the stigs identity. The stig is prolly not Ben Collins.

kanderson said:
I do hope you're taking the piss
I'm curious what the American translation is for this statement. (Off topic)

bull shitting

purposely saying things that he/she knows to be false for effect... playing devils advocate ect...

vanMould said:
Why is the Stig called the Stig anyway? I haven't seen the episode when he's intruduced...

a reference to Stig Blomqvist perhaps (yes I know the spellings off, but my google shortcut is all the way over there)

The most stupid thing about the Stig always "listening" to music... is that some of the supercars he/she is driving don't even have stereo!

That, and consider the first Discovery Channel episode. The Exige track segment doesn't have any REO Speedwagon blaring away, unlike the BBC version. And the 360CS music is not a power ballad in the American version either.

FATMOUSE said:
That, and consider the first Discovery Channel episode. The Exige track segment doesn't have any REO Speedwagon blaring away, unlike the BBC version. And the 360CS music is not a power ballad in the American version either.

You don't go joking and acting funny to people you just met, do you? The Top Gear crew has just been presented to the american audience, so they shouldn't begin with their funny actings that wouldn't be understood.