I know who the STIG is

"A fair bit quicker" than 1.22? That means your basically driving MC12/Zonda F times.. That really demands for an explanation.. :p

fatarnie said:
P.S I've done a 1.22 around the track when I had to stay behind (ish) a pace car due to the Xover in the middle! Without the pace car I go round a fair bit quicker!

I call shenanigans.

Unless, of course, fatarnie IS The Stig and happens to own something like a Zonda F, Maser MC-12 or Bugatti Veryon ... :lol:

fatarnie said:
Sorry, not on the web.

yeah umm.... that qualifies for this:

bsmeter.gif

Are you sure you dont mean 1:52? What pace car was holding you back at 1:22 and WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL were you driving?

I've heard the Stig is a guy named Ben Collins. I wouldn't be at all surprised, he shows up every now and then unmasked in a few episodes. He drove the Lancer Rally Car downhill vs. that kid on a mountain board, he played football in those Toyota hatchbacks (can't remember the name of it), and he drove the Mercedes SL500 when a man parachuted into it. I reckon he's about the right height too, but I guess we won't know who Stig really is until someone slips up :p

BTW, what does 'Stig' actually mean? Is it an acronym? A newb question if I ever heard one lol

Gerhard said:
BTW, what does 'Stig' actually mean? Is it an acronym? A newb question if I ever heard one lol
its actually what they called younger kids at jeremy's and the producer's school i think. there is an article somewhere.

We did the series Extreme Machines and then we started to think about reviving Top Gear in a new format, with a track, special guests and the Stig ? new boys at Repton were always called Stig ? and we thrashed it out over a couple of years.
repton is the school that they went to when they were younger.

Also worth mentioning that Andy and Jeremy had a cat named "Stig". Presumably naming (and treating) the racing driver like a pet is an inside joke when they could safely let the public assume was a reference to Blomqvist.

^ I thought the cat named Stig was someone who wrote in to the show and asked them to call the STIG something else because it kept waking up his cat. I seem to remember a letter-answering segmant about that.

Looking at the episode where Stiggy is carted off at the Isle of Man, I can say "it" is about 5'6" and 120-130 pounds...the same size as I am. Maybe that can help? :unsure:

jayhawk said:
Look... the... Stiggy is... I.... about 5'6" and 120-130 pounds...the same size as I am. Maybe that can help? :unsure:

HAHA I KNEW IT.....So YOUR the Stig!

/so bored
//up late studying.
///not studying.

aiight im sorry if someones already mentioned this...i'm too lazy to read all the posts...but

on Stigs helmet it says SIMPSON....
could that be his name.... or is that referring to something else...

cuz racing drivers usually have their names on their helmets...

qumber said:
aiight im sorry if someones already mentioned this...i'm too lazy to read all the posts...but

It's a helmet brand.

JspotMD said:
qumber said:

It's a helmet brand.

AH! i see..... thanks for the clarification

Dunno if any of you checked out Wikipedia but there's a Stig value over there that pretty much explains all you need to know about The Stig. Check it out.
O/c wikipedia is nothing substantial but they're usually right.

How about Stig as a star in a reasonably priced car? :) I'd simply love to see that! With or without helmet doesn't matter :)