I know who the STIG is

yobbo said:
How about Stig as a star in a reasonably priced car? :) I'd simply love to see that! With or without helmet doesn't matter :)

i think its been done...
they didnt show it but i believe when they first started the resonably prcied car thing....jeremy and stig were the first ones to set a time in it.... tho they didnt show the lap for either... they had the times up on the board

true....in the first season when the board was sooooo empty there were 2 names on it "Jazza" and "Stig". Both their lap times were there but I cant remember the stig's time now,tho if I remember right it was not as fast as that F1 driver who did a lap this week.

I think it was low 1:46s, but I'm not completely sure...

JC did a 1:50 with Hammond and the other fat guy in the car. I'm sure he could pull a 1:48 if he took the lap more seriously.

damn it guys i don't mean stig driving the liana around the track, i would love to see him talking with JC about cars he had and stuff maybe even revealing his identity.

the stig has already been reveald on the BBC website. i found that out ages ago,

(im new by the way lol)

Jason X said:
the stig has already been reveald on the BBC website. i found that out ages ago,

(im new by the way lol)

obviously, or you would know that the identity revealed by the BBC was the old (black) stig

:welcome: btw

o was it :oops: lol, didnt know that, wen i read it the before it didnt say which stig he was

mdaro said:
bartboy9891 said:
BTW: Whats with the 747 in the last episode? Is the runway they use still in service?

i am surprised to see a 747 in there too. but if you've noticed, it doesn't have engines! assuming the 747 you're talking about is the same 747 used in richard's marcos segmet in a recent episode.

POWERRR!! said:
mdaro said:
bartboy9891 said:
BTW: Whats with the 747 in the last episode? Is the runway they use still in service?

i am surprised to see a 747 in there too. but if you've noticed, it doesn't have engines! assuming the 747 you're talking about is the same 747 used in richard's marcos segmet in a recent episode.

Its probally having its D check done or being converterd to cargo..

gregsterguy said:
POWERRR!! said:
mdaro said:
bartboy9891 said:

Its probally having its D check done or being converterd to cargo..

It's engines has been sold, and it can't take off because the runway is too short. It's apparently being de-commisioned and is going to be used in filming interiors of airplanes for movies and tv series.

During the Laguna Seca movie when Clarkson walks the Corkscrew, he says no wonder the STIG left his adress book in the wall or something like that. I assume he meant that the guy who is the STIG has crashed there. So maybe Mark Blundell then? He is retired driver who also raced in US if I remeber correctly?? He is also a good friend of the old STIG Perry McCarthy.

Bullitt said:
During the Laguna Seca movie when Clarkson walks the Corkscrew, he says no wonder the STIG left his adress book in the wall or something like that. I assume he meant that the guy who is the STIG has crashed there. So maybe Mark Blundell then? He is retired driver who also raced in US if I remeber correctly?? He is also a good friend of the old STIG Perry McCarthy.

I think he meant that half the people in the STIG's address book had gone into the wall at some point, which clarifies nothing other than the Stig is a racing driver (or just happens to know a lot of racing drivers).

something are meant not to be found, i'd rather don't want to know who stig is.

jgqjv26 said:
something are meant not to be found, i'd rather don't want to know who stig is.
Yeah. The whole point of the Stig is that he is a unbias driving machine, who can drive around the track and make a unbias time. So that cars can be rated in an unbias way.

Hi from Greece, guys.

Did u see the Winter Olympics episode?! OMFG! TG at it's best.. hilarious :D
at the end of the episode, STIG does a crazy ski jump with a snowmobile.
that means no Blundell, no Hill, propably a Colin would suite the case :)

Or then again they just used a stuntman :)

STIG RULEZZ /// POOOWWEEEERRRRR :evil:

sokos said:
Hi from Greece, guys.

Did u see the Winter Olympics episode?! OMFG! TG at it's best.. hilarious :D
at the end of the episode, STIG does a crazy ski jump with a snowmobile.
that means no Blundell, no Hill, propably a Colin would suite the case :)

Or then again they just used a stuntman :)

STIG RULEZZ /// POOOWWEEEERRRRR :evil:

:welcome: sokos

You can discuss the Winter Olympics episode here

The 747 at Dunsfold, used to belong to an airline called Air Atlanta Europe.

They retired the aircraft and it was flown into Dunsfold and is stored there for filming purposes and is owned by Dunsfold Park I think.

It was used in the wings and wheels event that was held there last year.

It will be scrapped when no one wants it or not used for film.

This thread on Airliners.net will give you some information.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2167285

There used to be photos of it landing at Dunsfold, but I can't locate them.

Tom.