I know who the STIG is

Svenne said:
Found this thing on a swedish newspaper site. http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,788722,00.html

It is problably the "Stig" from the olympic episode of topgear?

Dan Lang, I dont think that he drives cars though.

No, this Stig is defenitely a special Stig for this episode.
Makes you wonder if perhaps the Stig is "played by" different persons often or just on very special occasions... At least the track times must be done by the same person, otherwise they are pretty much worthless...

"
Makes you wonder if perhaps the Stig is "played by" different persons "

You just now think that?

No Boss said:
this thread needs to die.

i agree, each time a post apears in here, it's of a noob who has nothing new to say

and each time i click the damn link :roll:

No Boss said:
bone said:
i agree, each time a post apears in here, it's of a noob who has nothing new to say

and each time i click the damn link :roll:

oh, i know man.... i know

:comfort:

I haven't learnt yet either - I still click on these threads...

I get excited because it's a new thread so I click,

Then I feel nothing but sheer dissapointment :cry:

It's depressing seeing all the locked threads.

I noticed something funny while watching Top Gear 2002.12.01.

When you see the Stig at 50:53min you see him wearing a black jacket with a logo on it. The logo is the same as the 'Team Leader' logo from the MIchel Vaillant comics.
Team leader is the bad, dark team.

logoleader.gif

I think the STIG is almost deifnately an F1 driver...Renault let him drive their F1 car...they wouldn't let some race car driver do that. Also, it could possibly be Mark Webber, as in the 2005 episode, he recieves the I AM THE STIG T-shirt...It's possible.

Anthony said:
I think the STIG is almost deifnately an F1 driver...Renault let him drive their F1 car...they wouldn't let some race car driver do that. Also, it could possibly be Mark Webber, as in the 2005 episode, he recieves the I AM THE STIG T-shirt...It's possible.

F1 Drivers

1st: Nigel Mansell - 1m 44.6

2nd: Damon Hill - 1m 46.3

3rd: Mark Webber - 1m 47.52 (very wet)

these are the times for the F1 drivers round the TG track. I remember reading somewhere in this thread that the stig did a lap in the Liana in around 1m 45 secs. I think Mark Webber can't be the stig because how does he find the time every week. He is an F1 driver and travels the world. My bets are on Damon Hill. If you read this season 1 review http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/series_1/ You'll see in programme 4 that jeremy races Damon Hill.!!??!! Could he have proved worthy enough to take over the role of the Stig when the black STIG "died" at the end of season 2???? :think:

stig_fever2409, what you forgetting is the magic of television...just because the stig appears to drive a new car every week, it does't mean that he is at the track EVERy WEEK. Clarkson has even said before that the filming for the driving is done at a different time. I'm sure an F1 driver could take a couple weeks out of there schedule for the money that they would offer...think about it.

However, JC has said in his TG mag article that he asked the Stig to drive the Veyron back to Italy for him, and that he shed a tear because he was never going to drive something as powerful.

I guess the Stig is the same person, the majority of the time. It dont make sense that all the drivers asked to drive around the track would have the same height.

Another noob with nothing useful to say here, but just an observation I had:

I think the White Stig is quite the ladies' man... It seems like every time they have a female Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, Jeremy will ask how the Stig was, and they always rave about how kind and patient he is. The male stars will sometimes do the same, but it seems to happen more frequently with the females. This may be because females are more apt to comment on said kindness, or because they're more apt to admit they need coaching, or any number of other reasons, or it could be because Stiggy--consciously or otherwise--tries to be a little nicer when he's coaching a lady. I know I probably would.

Those two articles claiming they had indentified the Stig, why couldnt they post their sources of info or even their motives as why they thought it.

jensked said:
^that stig fever guy has the same avatar as Moe (bartboy)

excuse me i'm not a guy, i'm a girl :tease:

Anyway. Anthony i agree with what you said:

Anthony Posted: Mar 19, 2006 11:35:21 PM Post subject:

stig_fever2409, what you forgetting is the magic of television...just because the stig appears to drive a new car every week, it does't mean that he is at the track EVERy WEEK. Clarkson has even said before that the filming for the driving is done at a different time. I'm sure an F1 driver could take a couple weeks out of there schedule for the money that they would offer...think about it.

It's true cos don't they have like a 3 week holiday at some point. Easily enough time to be the Stig. :thumbsup: