I know who the STIG is

Mods, can we install a filter on this site so that when someone types "The STIG is" the filter will catch it and change it to "I'm a dolt".

GREGGLES THE STIG!!!

I know who the Stig is for real, but I'm sworn to secrecy! :censored:

Sorry to drag this post up from the dead, but I know who the Stig is. It is Ben Collins, and this was confirmed by a worker at Caterham Cars who built the car the Stig used in the Caterham Challenge. By the way he was not sworn to secrecy on this and he did not sign a contract or anything.

sundance2 said:
Sorry to drag this post up from the dead, but I know who the Stig is. It is Ben Collins, and this was confirmed by a worker at Caterham Cars who built the car the Stig used in the Caterham Challenge. By the way he was not sworn to secrecy on this and he did not sign a contract or anything.
Yeah yeah, We all believe you.
You know what, the Stig is actually your mum. A friend of a friend saw the helmet when he was in her room.

Heeeeyyyy.... I was wondering when this thread would get dragged up again. Glad to see we know who the STIG is for this week.

I thought Boris Johnson MP was the stig? :shock:

Just on the whole Ben Collins being the stig thing, here is a clip from Youtube where a guy was able to get access to the TG track and record a few laps of the Stig in a Zonda. If you read the comments section, the video author says that Ben Collins was the stig for that day, and they do in fact have "a few" stigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uwx2fjRer4

Don't know how true it is, but the filming is legit and the guy seems genuine. And I don't know how good my hearing is, but is that May and Hammond talking in the background?

^ Well, yeah, it's hardly an authorative source is it... but screw that anyway, the sound of that thing is amazing, and the pace it was carrying through those last two corners was damn impressive.

Oh, pretty sure it's not Hammond & May in the background btw.

So no more 'I know who the Stig is' discussions, thank God :D

Most people probably figured it was Ben Collins a lot of the time.

^ Pretty sure that article was posted / mentioned somewhere in this thread already. Like all the other reports & theories - it's just that, an unsubstantiated theory, nothing more.

why isn't this thread sticky?

Oh i'm a dolt.

shit No boss i guess your filter is working.