I like driving in my Ka... (Euro Ka revealed)

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
The new Euro Ka has sneaked out, thanks to Auto Express.

Same platform as the Fiat 500, so should drive OK. Three powertrains from the get-go, with a 68 hp 1.2L, a 100 hp 1.4L, and a 1.3L, 50 mpg diesel. Rumor has it that a hotter Ka ST is on its way as well, with 150 hp coming from a turbocharged 1.4L engine.

Should be on sale by the end of the year. A tax-busting electric hybrid could be on the cards, too. Prices for the new Ka are set to start at around ?7,500, rising to ?12,000 for the ST version.

I for one like it, especially after I kicked up a fuss about the Brazilian one looking nothing like the original.

Pics :

http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/2383/kareveal2nd5.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/8780/kareveal1ga1.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.**/img229/2685/kareveal3qm8.jpg

Such a big disappointment. The old Ka was so much more radical and daring in it's design. This just looks like a Fiat 500 with a Fiesta front and rear end. These are just renders, right??

Such a big disappointment. The old Ka was so much more radical and daring in it's design. This just looks like a Fiat 500 with a Fiesta front and rear end. These are just renders, right??

Nope, sorry.

There's a couple cameraphone pics.

I agree with you that the old Ka was much more radical and daring, though. I remember thinking a couple years back that it still looked pretty modern and fresh despite being 12 years old.

I quite like it! It looks fresh, funky and well made. :)

The only problem I can find with it is that it looks way too much like the New Fiesta. But that's not a bd thing as I think the new Fiesta looks great.
I love the interior too. It's a good departure from the "All Grey Plastic" interior the old Ka had. I like the designs of the seat trims and the door handles.

That looks like a 500 sized Opel Corsa with a Peugeot front end and Clio tail lights. I don't like it at all, seems to be a car made out of other cars!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'll keep on saying no....
The current ford design fits perfectly on the Mondeo and the Fiesta, it fits fine on the Focus, but this is beyond the limit. It looks like a Fiesta that's gone through some serious Photoshop abuse, and that's not good. Not at all.

I like it, you guys are sometimes too harsh.

I like it, you guys are sometimes too harsh.

It may well be a great car, but all I'm saying is that it lacked the originality of the original Ka. Even today, the Ka's design still seems fresh.

The exterior look fine but the interior is really too like the panda/500...
When I first saw the photo I didn't read that it was based on the 500 but I immediately thought that it looked like it !

Ok for the engines though I don't like the fact that they are basically Fiat engines, I believe such things will happen a lot more in years to come.

One thing that is worrying me, wasn't the old Fiesta chassis on which the old Ka was based much better than the Panda chassis ?

You'd be mad to buy that thing over a 500.

Ugh..the front is a complete Peugeot rip off.

OK, but the new Fiesta is a better effort IMHO and I would go for the FIAT 500 if it were a choice for me.

/EDIT rethink - depends how much cheaper I can get the Ford over the FIAT. Mind you I am not in themarket for a new micro car so meh.

Last edited:
just doesnt look as funky or as fresh as the original one still does..... not only that the original pulled off being those things without being fussy about it. this looks very fussy, and very try hard.

also doesnt look like it will be simple fun....which was the essecence of the old car

however, it at last gets some newer engines the 1.3 in the current ka is super old. these new turbo motors should give the ka some much needed zippyness.

It's not a match for the funkiness of the original, but don't see anything wrong with the styling. I wouldn't say I muttered 'Wow' when I saw it, but I certainly didn't recoil in horror.

The oversized grille on the front needs to go, and why does the back remind me of a corsa?

Still, I hope they make it as good to drive as the previous Ka.