I like poop-colored cars!

{ bites lower lip }

6261a-car-porsche-911%20997-1.jpg

DAT ASSSSSSSSSSSS. I love Porsche's brown.

Subaru has a gorgeous shade of it out now, too:

A3071.09.jpg

Anybody need a tow vehicle? Not gonna lie, Ford's metallic brown makes their trucks look like the classiest gott dang tow vehicles ever made:

2011-Ford-F-150-First-Drive-brown-rear-view-500x332.jpg

Love, love, love that brown is BACK.

I like baby poop colored cars:

3108.jpg
Move to Austin. Baby poop colored everything. { sigh }

(At least it's not maroon!)

My dear 'ol dad's '75 Ford Maverick was dark brown. Loved that colour - and it had a light-poop coloured 1/2 vinyl roof for that full-on 70's vibe. The shade is very close to the pic of the F150 in the previous e-mail.

It's said that males who sat in the car too long, and fiddled with the Under-dash Craig 8 track instantly grew a "foo-manchu" moustache! :D

Last edited:
I don't always gripe about the local university's choice in colors, but I will totally gripe about their fetish for putting it on cars.

Burnt/baby poop orange = no. Just no. You're a weirdo. Keep if off yer car.

Maroon's a better color to look at, but there's this one Texas school who likes to violate sheep that'd prevent me from ever owning a maroon car here.

{ sigh }

#texanproblems.

Maroon's a better color to look at, but there's this one Texas school who likes to violate sheep that'd prevent me from ever owning a maroon car here.

{ sigh }

#texanproblems.

Then transfer the color association to another university that uses maroon. I know of one that uses maroon that's won 87 Nobels and has a certain Honda Fit-driving member of this board as an alumnus. Since you're Texan, however, you might be more impressed by our Heisman Trophy, though.

I think VAG products look great in brown.

Audi-A7-Sportback-Brown-At-Mountain-Side.jpg
6364688461_0333d2f0f1_z.jpg
cc_news.jpg

How would you describe that color on the Lexus? Dark bronze? It does suit it quite well.

The VAG browns come across in those photos as more pewter than brown. That's probably why they work.

Brown was also one of the standard colours available on the "original" 1977-1986 Porsche 928, from 1987 and onward they didn't offer that color, I think...
1.jpg

And that brown exterior color could be combined with this very brown interior:
3730045050_ef7ef829d7_o.jpg

Brown was also one of the standard colours available on the "original" 1977-1986 Porsche 928, from 1987 and onward they didn't offer that color, I think...
1.jpg

And that brown exterior color could be combined with this very brown interior:
3730045050_ef7ef829d7_o.jpg

I had a guy try to trade in a 1979 gray market 928 in exactly that color.

Couldn't get the deal done because as a gray market car our wholesalers were terrified of it and I couldn't give him enough money for it.

This is beige. I don't like beige, but:

8109666692_01a37b3aca_c.jpg

I do like this car. (Inexplicably.) The motor's in the right place.

Then transfer the color association to another university that uses maroon. I know of one that uses maroon that's won 87 Nobels and has a certain Honda Fit-driving member of this board as an alumnus. Since you're Texan, however, you might be more impressed by our Heisman Trophy, though.

Pffft, we have one of those, too. :p

Shiny little dude. Me gusta.

Last edited:
Oh gawd. The words/acronyms "VAG" and "brown" in the same sentence... the mind shudders. :?

The Lexus is ruined by the US sidemarker!

@coco: You fooled me there for a second with that pic.. I saw it.. looked at it.. and was like.. "wait.. I think I have seen that somewhere.." and then I realized that I took the pic 2 weeks ago and posted it among a lot of others in a separate thread here :p