Ownership Verified: I made "Someone Else's Problem" my own - 2006 VW Eos

1619473277747.png

I couldn't resist and I've wanted to try a simpler design in the style of Aging Wheels' 'Not Smart' for a while, so it was a good excuse. ?

Someone should point out that "despair" is spelt incorrectly, but it's not going to be me. Nope. @Matt2000
You know, I looked at it for a minute without actually checking if it should've been 'Despair'. Illustrator ain't got no spell check! Will fix, thanks. :p

Edit: Fixed.

Everything you see here is why I don't like dealing with fiddly repairs on anything relatively modern. Too much plastic. I don't get the mirror bolt access holes though, no excuse for those being out of line.

Noice!

Apparently the methodical approach still works, even with such a daunting task. :) It's like Wheeler Dealers: you took a massive risk, but apparently your gambling paid off and you had to invest less than 150 Euros (including hydraulic oil and the couple of spares you had to order after the 83 Euro-order) for that. Congratulations on a cheap working convertible, now attach the sensors properly and you're good to go ... kinda ... after reassembling and finding out what else the GDPO broke...

FIDDLY INTENSIFIES

That was indeed great work, I don't know if I would've had the patience for that. Obviously I'm disappointed that it didn't get stuck half-open like the picture though. I'm going to have to go and look at pictures of targa tops now...

Edit: I feel like I should provide a template for the bad photoshops. One moment please, caller.

Last edited:
Well there are still things to be done, but yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised myself :D.

Anyway, long term Kelly is considering wrapping it (the paint isn't nice on it, all around) and she's trying to think of a color or color combo. She's open for suggestions, preferably with examples or bad Photoshops ?. Please provide them here or on telegram :). And yes, I mean she wants to wrap it. Herself. She used to do that for a living briefly, many moons ago.

Template for the car produced, a normal PNG or a PSD with masking if you're feeling particularly fancy.

GO NUTS. I want Kelly to pick a design Thomas hates. :twisted:

Last edited:
Well there are still things to be done, but yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised myself :D.

Anyway, long term Kelly is considering wrapping it (the paint isn't nice on it, all around) and she's trying to think of a color or color combo. She's open for suggestions, preferably with examples or bad Photoshops ?. Please provide them here or on telegram :). And yes, I mean she wants to wrap it. Herself. She used to do that for a living briefly, many moons ago.

Make it this purple, please.

1294EF57-4770-46BA-BF54-B03A3F185A68.jpeg