I miss caravan destruction

dragonboy3000

Car(s)
'97 Toyota Camry, soon to be a final gen Celica
Now i know going on holiday in one and then setting it on fire was probably the ultimate and is why they probably havent destroyed more in a while. But i wanna see some more. I miss the self-satisfaction of watching one being destroyed in some car related way.
I mean i watched all of the brainiac episodes with richard hammond and they destroyed a massive amount, but blowing them up with chemicals just isnt the same as it being destroyed in a car related way.
Please give us at least one destruction in Series 12. The boys even said when they were told to say sorry for their holiday that and i quote "I'm sorry we didnt destroy more caravans"

I second that motion - it's been far too long since they destroyed a caravan and high time they did some more. Probably waiting until the autumn season when it gets a bit chilly, that way they can warm themselves afterwards on the smouldering remains of a Sprite something or other.

Oi, Wilman, you listening?? We know you're lurking here. Burn more caravans, and do a few Nissan Micras while you're at it!!!!

:+1: :stupid: https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/08/08/dragsterburn_000.gif

Oi, Wilman, you listening?? We know you're lurking here. Burn more caravans, and do a few Nissan Micras while you're at it!!!!

micras aren't the problem... it's the drivers :p They can't buy rovers anymore, they've spread out into many more cars....... we're fucked!

Reactions: MWF
I wouldn't count on James. He's gone soft on caravans. From his newest Daily Telegraph column:

It's such a shame that this experiment* is being corrupted by my working life and the effect it has on the welcome I receive at caravan sites. Only the other day I was sitting at the table when a small boy appeared at the Sprite's east window and asked, "When are you going to blow it up then?" On the contrary, I explained, I was seized by a desire to restore some parts of it. "But when are you going to blow it up?" he asked again, incredulously. I sent him away with a flea in his ear, and he skipped precociously across the campsite chanting, "Where's Jezza?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/motoring/2008/08/09/mrmay109.xml

* James has taken up caravanning while filming his latest adventure with Oz Clarke.

Well they could always burn James with the caravan.

:lol:

pointless random destruction FTW

I second that motion - it's been far too long since they destroyed a caravan and high time they did some more. Probably waiting until the autumn season when it gets a bit chilly, that way they can warm themselves afterwards on the smouldering remains of a Sprite something or other.

And don't forget the G-Wiz. Let's have a G-Wiz vs. old, heavy, solid British built cars (like James' Corniche) in a Burnout: Revenge type race.

And don't forget the G-Wiz. Let's have a G-Wiz vs. old, heavy, solid British built cars (like James' Corniche) in a Burnout: Revenge type race.

Even better - a huge crane with a wrecking ball on the end and they could play G-Wiz Croquet!!!

Even better - a huge crane with a wrecking ball on the end and they could play G-Wiz Croquet!!!

Or if they are feeling particularly ambitious, G-Wiz Pinball, with Micras and caravans as bumpers. I'm nursing a semi just imagining the engineering involved.

Or if they are feeling particularly ambitious, G-Wiz Pinball, with Micras and caravans as bumpers. I'm nursing a semi just imagining the engineering involved.

The Bulgy Taco nursing a semi? What an image that conjurs up! I think the expression you have for that is "EEWWWWWWWW!!!"

Croquet? Hm.. probably more like a golf-style driving range... that is, if there's anything left of the G-Wiz upon landing.:mrgreen:

for the most epicest of wins they could use the car shooting gun thing and shoot GWiz's at Caravans.

Mind you, they'd have to tone down the power on the gun, because if it's able to shoot 1500 kg cars it'll lob a 100 kg GWiz halfway across Europe

Mind you, they'd have to tone down the power on the gun, because if it's able to shoot 1500 kg cars it'll lob a 100 kg GWiz halfway across Europe

I'm sure they'd do their best to miss you!

Lurker Patrol will be along later. Expect him to work out exactly how powerful the nitrogen cannon has to be to propel a G-Wiz from Dunsfold to Bruges!

Then Labcoatguy will appear and start arguing with him about the physics and hey presto, we'll have another Nerd Fight on our hands!!!

fMind you, they'd have to tone down the power on the gun, because if it's able to shoot 1500 kg cars it'll lob a 100 kg GWiz halfway across Europe
Bring out that trebuchet from one of Jezza's old videos. We all saw what it did to a Nissan Sunny...

...and while it's in mid-air, shoot it. G-Wiz clay pigeon shooting! It cannot possibly fail!

I was going to suggest caravan Jenga, but the clay pigeons will have far more action.

Now, about that royalty cheque...

Bring out that trebuchet from one of Jezza's old videos. We all saw what it did to a Nissan Sunny...

...and while it's in mid-air, shoot it. G-Wiz clay pigeon shooting! It cannot possibly fail!

I was going to suggest caravan Jenga, but the clay pigeons will have far more action.

Now, about that royalty cheque...

Just one question: who is sitting next to Bill Oddie in the G-Wiz?

Last edited:
They are too busy making up silly and pointless challenges that the "new audience" loves to much...