• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

I must apologize to all my friends here, Canucks and Euros..

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Firsty that wasnt an insult just a joke, you guys can me me a Yankee or whatever. Euros Canucks just a nick name, ANWAY...

I must apologize for most of the political debates, to the Euros, Canucks, Brits and especially Americans.

I come off sometime as a hot head.

Its no secret that I have a short fuse. When I see, "So many Americans made a mistake..." or "Bush is one dumb prez..." or "You're just there for oil, you dont care about Iraqis". Those comments really hurt. No like, oh man I feel like crying, but more like, "damn how could they really think that America is some bully going into the mideast for oil?".

So rather than responding like hokiethang has, responsibly, with no emotional responses or "spin" like I have, I reply with some emotion and unreasonable comments. Some arrogant, some more opnianated than fact filled and seeing hokiethang's replys has made me realize that i can get the message across without the "spin" and crap. He has said what i was trying to say all these months and has informed ppl more than I have in some threads. I think some threads have shed some fact and maybe changed some opinions on things, but ultimately the majority of my replies have been good then turn sour fast. Only one current thread, I can say, has come off with a good debate, exchange of ideas and agreements, the one with firecat I think and some others. There are like 5 Bush threads now so I dont know the title.

1 out of 5 or so threads is not the way I intended to "win the hearts and minds" of anti-Bush or anti-war ppl on this forum. If I can present my view with facts and no emotional outburst as hokiethang has, even If you still feel opposed to the war or anything, then I will be content with myself and the debates will show that as it has in that one thread.

Just wanted to say, sorry If I was an ass to debate with. Bush sig stays, sorry but hopefully I will get you to uinderstand he's not some oil and war hungry president or anything like that. Just the facts, far less emotion/"spin" and less arrogant replies.

- Justin "Proud (but hot-headed, hot tempered) Yankee" Syder

I admire the courage you just showed by publicly admitting your short-comings.

But the US dollar is still going to fall and be in a bear market for years to come.
Want to make a buck off of that? :p

respect 8)

I'm not privy to your previous politcal discussions, so I can't really comment. You seem alright to me. I haven't been told "if you don't like it, leave" .... which I actually get a lot :lol:

Re: I must apologize to all my friends here, Canucks and Eur

Re: I must apologize to all my friends here, Canucks and Eur

justin syder said:
I come off sometime as a hot head.

Its no secret that I have a short fuse. When I see, "So many Americans made a mistake..." or "Bush is one dumb prez..." or "You're just there for oil, you dont care about Iraqis". Those comments really hurt. No like, oh man I feel like crying, but more like, "damn how could they really think that America is some bully going into the mideast for oil?".

So rather than responding like hokiethang has, responsibly, with no emotional responses or "spin" like I have, I reply with some emotion and unreasonable comments. Some arrogant, some more opnianated than fact filled and seeing hokiethang's replys has made me realize that i can get the message across without the "spin" and crap. He has said what i was trying to say all these months and has informed ppl more than I have in some threads. I think some threads have shed some fact and maybe changed some opinions on things, but ultimately the majority of my replies have been good then turn sour fast. Only one current thread, I can say, has come off with a good debate, exchange of ideas and agreements, the one with firecat I think and some others. There are like 5 Bush threads now so I dont know the title.

1 out of 5 or so threads is not the way I intended to "win the hearts and minds" of anti-Bush or anti-war ppl on this forum. If I can present my view with facts and no emotional outburst as hokiethang has, even If you still feel opposed to the war or anything, then I will be content with myself and the debates will show that as it has in that one thread.

Just wanted to say, sorry If I was an ass to debate with. Bush sig stays, sorry but hopefully I will get you to uinderstand he's not some oil and war hungry president or anything like that. Just the facts, far less emotion/"spin" and less arrogant replies.

- Justin "Proud (but hot-headed, hot tempered) Yankee" Syder

I must applaud the fact that Justin did realize how others took his responses. Trust me, im passionate about certain issues, but I have learned its somewhat worthless to get too worked up in a forum on the internet. I used to make arguments that were mostly emotion, but I found that usually just leads to flame wars and an end to productive dialogue. I have found that presenting a fair and balanced argument tends to be more effective in discussions on the internet when trying to better understand people's views on the issues.

When people make comments that insult America, it does hurt, and it hurts a lot especially when they direct it at the military (or the soldiers themselves, that hurts the most). (as I have admitted elsewhere, I am from a long lineage of military service). I try to see why the people made those comments and through my actions, try to show those people that they have the right to make their comment, and that there may be some facet of their comment that isnt entirely true. If that all fails, I can at least say that I made an attempt to convince someone that my country isn't the worst place in the world to live, and go on with my life. If they continue to hate the US without seriously looking at the other side, its their fault that they are ignorant, not mine.

I also must thank all of you who have posted with positive remarks to mine, and maybe (since the election is over) we can use this to better understand each other and our governments. In the last few days (I just started reading this forum a couple of days ago), I have seen a number of misconceptions about not only the US government, but the governments of other countries. If we can better understand the way things in other countries work, maybe we can at least start on the path of working together instead of against one another.

I realize this probably rambles along (possibly incoherently) since im tired.

you won't get me.

I know you'll do some kind of jackass comeback about April's fool and post a fucking Bush pic in this thread :thumbsdown:

:lol:

You're the man Justin. There's no need to apologize for an emotional defense of your country ;)

I remember one thread when I got a little bent out of shape about a joke on Canada. :mrgreen:

Edit: This better not be a damn April Fool's joke.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
You're the man Justin. There's no need to apologize for an emotional defense of your country ;)

Edit: This better not be a damn April Fool's joke.

I agree, no real apology necessary. but respect for doing so anyway.

Should someone attack the finnish president with the amount of flaming that has been done to Bush I would get angry as well and defend her.

And seeing as it was posted on Apr 2nd it would not really make a very good April Fools joke...

I appreciate this Justin.

But it sure isn't your fault only that discussions get 'hot in herre' (;-)

I'm sure that you can discuss better and more detailed with 'fellow-americans' as with Europeans. I think there are a few problems that are in the way of a good discussion here.
As said before in Swek and my thread, the language barrier. We can't always get our point 'on paper', but anyway you already read the thread.

Another reason, we live in Europe and you in the US. Discussing things about the US with Europeans is difficult, we don't know all the things you know.
We kinda depend on the media, everything we hear about the US, comes through the media, so if they decide not telling about good things then we won't hear it. Unless you do some little research and find out anyway, but not many people do.

I'm not making excuses here for my comments in those threads because I know I don't know everyting and I still reply.

And I need to appologize for some lame comments too.
I made a few comments about "Bushes new car" and I agree I went a bit too far in there.

I don't want to offend anyone with my posts, but sometimes I do, that's because sometimes I have a very strong opinion about it and I generally talk that way to friends about things.
I mean, I say to a friend he kisses someones ass for voting, but in real life it's different, and he can see expressions on my face...but yeah it's not like that here..

Anyway, I hope this whole thread clears some things up for everyone.

I believe that a calmer attitude really would increace the chances of reaching out with your message. By being arrogant, just once in a while, u confirm other ppls predjadices (how the fuck do u spell that :? ).

mmap said:
Should someone attack the finnish president with the amount of flaming that has been done to Bush I would get angry as well and defend her.

coughBitchcough

:p

I can't say I understand Justin.

I too get easily pissed, but I so fucking don't care about both prime ministers I have! Bash on them as much as you want, and it will probably less insulting that if I told you what I think of them :lol:

However, I can understand when he gets pissy about USA, cause I too get pissy about my place, but you all know that, and I'm not making a thread to state the obvious :roll:

This was real, no lame April fools joke. I felt it was necessary given the way I debated on some threads and hokiethangs recent response in the political threads.

Hopefully we'll understand each others side/point of view and leave emotion out of it, Ill try my best.

This is like a feel good thread :thumbsup:

I should lock this before it turns out into some gay group hug we love each other let's make babies thread...

:|

fine with me, i said what i needed to say.

Wassup dude. No apologies needed.

I personally did not find your opinons insulting. You said what you want to, what you believe. All your posts clearly beam one point, you love your country very much,and no one can withstand insults made on their countries.

Debates should be non biased and people have to learn to accept some facts.. But in most cases our emotions don't let us sink the info.

Media plays a vital role and most national news services give their own news and people are forced to think oneway...(Luckily I have BBC and CNN)

One more thing, i am not a Spanish national as most people think, i am a Pakistani living in spain. :thumbsup:

Firecat said:
coughBitchcough

:p

riiight... Something a bit more constructive than that is needed for me to defend the lesbian "fake marriage" dull-as-shit, good-friends-with-bush tranny... :evil:

well wadda ya know, I did not get offended at all :p

I've come to terms with the fact that there are no "great leaders" around anymore.

the thing that you have to understand, justin, is that your sig really is only appropriate in this political forum, not in the car forums. this is why so many people can get along on internet forums when they couldn't in real life - cos you only know about someone what you need to know and that is usually related to the forum topic.

if you went to a car meeting in new york, would you dress up as uncle sam and wear "i luv bush" buttons and shit all over your jacket? i don't think so.

the picture of the elephant pissing on the liberals is inflammatory and only serves to encourage off-topic arguements, which should be the last goal of any member of this forum.

you've said you want to keep the sig, and if you're not breaking any forum rules then good for you. i just think it's as out-of-place as a "bush for president" stall at the tokyo motorshow. :yucky:

^ Exactly. Ever seen the reactions people get when they wear "Ford Sucks" or "Chevy Sucks" t-shirts to car related events? It's the same sort of idea - you may think it's funny or expressing your opinion, but it just brings out emotional responses and irrational fighting when there really doesn't need to be any.