I must apologize to all my friends here, Canucks and Euros..

Re: I must apologize to all my friends here, Canucks and Eur

justin syder said:
Firsty that wasnt an insult just a joke, you guys can me me a Yankee or whatever. Euros Canucks just a nick name, ANWAY...

I must apologize for most of the political debates, to the Euros, Canucks, Brits and especially Americans.

I come off sometime as a hot head.

Its no secret that I have a short fuse. When I see, "So many Americans made a mistake..." or "Bush is one dumb prez..." or "You're just there for oil, you dont care about Iraqis". Those comments really hurt. No like, oh man I feel like crying, but more like, "damn how could they really think that America is some bully going into the mideast for oil?".

So rather than responding like hokiethang has, responsibly, with no emotional responses or "spin" like I have, I reply with some emotion and unreasonable comments. Some arrogant, some more opnianated than fact filled and seeing hokiethang's replys has made me realize that i can get the message across without the "spin" and crap. He has said what i was trying to say all these months and has informed ppl more than I have in some threads. I think some threads have shed some fact and maybe changed some opinions on things, but ultimately the majority of my replies have been good then turn sour fast. Only one current thread, I can say, has come off with a good debate, exchange of ideas and agreements, the one with firecat I think and some others. There are like 5 Bush threads now so I dont know the title.

1 out of 5 or so threads is not the way I intended to "win the hearts and minds" of anti-Bush or anti-war ppl on this forum. If I can present my view with facts and no emotional outburst as hokiethang has, even If you still feel opposed to the war or anything, then I will be content with myself and the debates will show that as it has in that one thread.

Just wanted to say, sorry If I was an ass to debate with. Bush sig stays, sorry but hopefully I will get you to uinderstand he's not some oil and war hungry president or anything like that. Just the facts, far less emotion/"spin" and less arrogant replies.

- Justin "Proud (but hot-headed, hot tempered) Yankee" Syder

i'm not a yankfan myself but u cant help for your country beeing stupid!

I know the random yank in a trailer is no different from an iraqy in a tent.

but u seem ok.u seem strong in what u believe
but sometimes things are just clearer from a distance, expecially if it goes about politics imo.
and believe me , the view we got from hereout isnt that pretty about the "American Dream".

Move over to europe , it'l be fun :thumbsup:

bellows said:
but sometimes things are just clearer from a distance, expecially if it goes about politics imo.

So the red states are right then ? :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

swek said:
bellows said:

So the red states are right then ? :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

no the red states don't know shit from clay :lol:

funny how all the bush (conservative) states ally themselves with a colour long used to denote the communists :shock:

i'm not a yankfan myself but u cant help for your country beeing stupid!

You bumped 3 old topics/almost old and done with, to say an insult about Bush and the USA being stupid. Great first impression.

How is America stupid?

roundhead said:
justin syder said:
How is America stupid?

http://abc.net.au/cnnnn/video/ep07_stupidyankees.ram

http://abc.net.au/cnnnn/video/ep09_creationists.ram

http://www.abc.net.au/cnnnn/video/s02ep10/story16.ram

all satire of course...

i can't seem to find any more "on the streets of america" .rm links... there are heaps on the cnnnn dvd, including one where one of the cnnnn presenters tells people in america he's australia's prime minster john howard. now that's a laugh :)

Too bad that you cou can pull that stuff off with any other nation.
Confront people on the street with a witty reporter and a camera and you get the most stupid answers. Edit out the reasonable ones and you have a perfect "Look how stupid the are !" video

roundhead said:
justin syder said:
How is America stupid?

all satire of course...

i can't seem to find any more "on the streets of america" .rm links... there are heaps on the cnnnn dvd, including one where one of the cnnnn presenters tells people in america he's australia's prime minster john howard. now that's a laugh :)

THAT IS PURE GOLD! :lol:

swek said:
roundhead said:
justin syder said:
How is America stupid?

all satire of course...

Confront people on the street with a witty reporter and a camera and you get the most stupid answers. Edit out the reasonable ones and you have a perfect "Look how stupid the are !" video

yeah, but I can't stop thinking that USA is the place where the least editing is needed to reach such a result :lol:

ESPECIALLY for the 3rd one :roll: :roll: :roll:

swek said:

perhaps. in one of the "in the streets of america" i have on the series dvd, it has them asking which country america should invade next. they were shown a map and asked to stick a pin in the country. everyone chose iran, france or north korea... but here's the thing. the map they were shown had australia renamed to one of those three, and these americans were still sticking a pin in australia thinking it was either france, north korea or iran.

who doesn't know where australia is? or even if they don't, who doesn't know that france is in europe, north korea in asia and iran in the middle-east/asia? they were sticking pins in one of the distinctive-looking country shapes in the world - in the middle of oceana! :shock:

i spent 6 weeks in america, and while i was there i talked to this glassy at a pub. he asked where i was from, and we got talking for a few minutes. then he asks "so what language do you speak in australia?" i was just stunned... we'd just been speaking in english for the last few minutes. i just said "english". i expected him to laugh and realise how dopey he'd been but he just said "ahh, cool." top bloke, and he didn't come across as generally stupid.

maybe it's the america-centric education system and mainstream media that allows americans to go most of their life knowing little of foreign countries. then you have to say, though, these people are voting for people who are pretty much running the world when argueably, they know little of it.
:?

Renesis said:
THAT IS PURE GOLD! :lol:

yeah cnnnn was my favourite programme. you can see a fair bit of it on the abc website... make sure you check out "a chaser affair" (taking the piss out of the conservative current affairs show "a current affair"" and lameass. :thumbsup:

Yeah, well....your prime minister is giving our president a blowjob 8) :lol:

Firecat said:
Yeah, well....your prime minister is giving our president a blowjob 8) :lol:

hey, i didn't vote the c#nt in :cry:

:lol:

roundhead said:
who doesn't know where australia is? or even if they don't, who doesn't know that france is in europe, north korea in asia and iran in the middle-east/asia? they were sticking pins in one of the distinctive-looking country shapes in the world - in the middle of oceana! :shock:

They did same things here in Germany. You'd be amazed to find out that people were't able to pinpiont Berin, Munich or even Germany's states on a unmarked map.

Knowlede about politics isn't usually better. Most people could't name our President our political system or the key figures in politics. Things weren't better with our neighbours either. People marked Sweden as France and usually were at lest one or two states off from the correct position.

Anothe reporter told people on the street that the Chancellor recently had
his coming out. He confessed to be heterosexual. You should have seen the indignation at that. The people were saying that a politician like him can't be heterosexual and that it is a sin.

Oh, I nearly forgot one thing. This comedy show had a segment called new voter check. They had photos of five people and they handed them five signs with names and short descriptions they had to match with the photos. The trick was that at lest three from five photos were wrong. There was no matching description for them. One photo had Hitler on it (Without the Uniform) and nobody even noticed. They assigned him positions like Parliament President etc.

swek said:
roundhead said:

They did same things here in Germany. You'd be amazed to find out that people were't able to pinpiont Berin, Munich or even Germany's states on a unmarked map.

Knowlede about politics isn't usually better. Most people could't name our President our political system or the key figures in politics. Things weren't better with our neighbours either. People marked Sweden as France and usually were at lest one or two states off from the correct position.

Anothe reporter told people on the street that the Chancellor recently had
his coming out. He confessed to be heterosexual. You should have seen the indignation at that. The people were saying that a politician like him can't be heterosexual and that it is a sin.

Oh, I nearly forgot one thing. This comedy show had a segment called new voter check. They had photos of five people and they handed them five signs with names and short descriptions they had to match with the photos. The trick was that at lest three from five photos were wrong. There was no matching description for them. One photo had Hitler on it (Without the Uniform) and nobody even noticed. They assigned him positions like Parliament President etc.

I like seeing the petitions against Di-Hydrogen Monoxide. Those are quite funny, especially at the hippie earth day festivals.

I admit there are some dumb people in this country, but there are a number of others (like myself) who actually realize there is more to this world than the US.

Part of the problem is our shitty education system, but the sad thing is no one here in this country knows how nor cares to fix it. I got lucky and being the son of a teacher who cared, I learned a lot of stuff outside of class. Liberals (Democrats) and Conservatives (Republicans) are too busy going after one another to see that our public schools suck, and our public universities are beginning to suck simply because they want to pull all of their state funding and give it to either the politicians paychecks or people who hire limos to go to their minimum wage jobs, but use welfare checks to pay for it.

The universities also have their priorities wrong, but ill leave that for a later discussion. I will end with this one thought, Those smart enough to be politicans are also smart enough to avoid politics.

Believe you me, Europe is not an inch better. It's just reversed here. We believe to know everything about the world and thus our political opinion is correct.
America is the enemy, that's what I've been thought in school. Okay, not word-for-word but the first things I've learned about America besides geography is how thy control the middle east through "divide and conquer".

Part of the problem is that my generation of teachers were more or less active leftists in the 68 movement, who got influenced by the anti war movement and later protested against the deployment of nuclear bombs by the US in Germany.
They never had positive things to say about the US and that transcend into our school lessons.

Recently I had a discussion with a friend who studies to become a politics and biology teacher. He wholeheartedly told me that there is no difference between the Russian and the American legal system and government. Go figure.

A lot of the problems in the world can be attributed to Imperialism in general, though much of which is the fault of the British empire.

swek said:
Recently I had a discussion with a friend who studies to become a politics and biology teacher. He wholeheartedly told me that there is no difference between the Russian and the American legal system and government. Go figure.

both as corrupt as a chilean border guard? :lol: