I must be getting old: the Ford Flex

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I don't know if I'm getting old or if Ford is doing something right, but I think the Flex crossover looks brilliant. And I hate crossovers.

ny_08_ford_flex.jpg

I also hate minivans and SUVs that never go offroad and would get stuck in anything more than a deeper than average puddle.

The Flex is the first people carrier type vehicle I've seen that actually maintains a sense of "cool" without being pretentious.

I like it.

You aren't alone Blind Io, I love the look of it. It doesn't look like all the other crossovers which for the most part are nearly identical.

That must be what does it for me. It's not an SUV that is in stiletto heels (usually a GM SUV with big chrome rims) and it's not one of the many crossovers that looks like a normal car or SUV that has been shit out the back of a large waterfowl. Most crossovers look like amusingly shaped potatoes on a good day and a goose turd on a bad one.

It's nice and defined, nice and clean, but has a sort of down-to-earth feel.
Now, if they say it's an europe-only model, I might just have to kill myself.

I like it. But I happen to like the squared off look, like my Toyota.

Nope, they are already advertising it in the US. So far I've seen billboards and TV adverts. They also gave an early production one to Chip Foose to do up for SEMA.

I know I was just humoring the fact that all the GOOD Ford vehicles seem to be european.

I hope this is the resurgence of the coolest color in the spectrum, BROWN!

Other than that, I think it's a piss-poor excuse from Ford to dip its toes into the station wagon market after its Freestyle/Taurus X/whatever thing failed. If it looks like a wagon and functions as a wagon, but is labeled a "crossover", is it still a wagon?

I am not sold on it from pics. I am reserving judgement until I can check one out at the dealer in person.

looks like a range rover someone fat sat on :p

Personally I prefer the territory (it's probably more of a softroader in comparison)

HH, the thing I like about this is that it's not pretending to be an SUV. Ford is calling it a crossover, but I see more car than softroader in it. It's not trying to be something it isn't, and I respect that.

When did the Americans start copying Japanese styling? Looks strangely familiar...xB on steroids anyone?

It looks like a Range Rover that someone has 'blinged' by sticking a cheap fake plastic chrome grille onto the front. And chrome mirrors.