I must be getting old: the Ford Flex

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
It looks nice ... it looks like a Mini-clubman (side, roof, windows), with the proportions gotten right ...
looks like a range rover someone fat sat on
You know what it looks like? It looks like a Range Rover raped a Clubman Mini in the dark, somebody found the unwanted child, put a Ford sticker on it and said "there you go, a new model!". <_<

Greatgraddage

Looks like the fugly love child of a range rover and mini. Not a fan, though better colours may suit it more.

Edit: Damn my slow reading.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
It doesn't do anything for me - it's low, fat box on wheels. It doesn't offend me, but nor would I say I like it.

Last edited:

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
It really is like a big Mini Clubman

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
i generally tend to hate Ford america's 3 bar grille and boxy styling, but this gallery makes the flex look very hawt!

1005big.jpg

1006big.jpg

1015big.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/3080516.001/2009-ford-flex

Average Guy

was previously known as "Small Guy" and soon to be
Car(s)
2015 VW Polo 1.2 TSI
I think itd ugly with a very big U. But hey. im only 13 ;D

lv2xlr8

Car(s)
99 Mistubishi Galant
you must be getting old cause I see a toaster with chrome knobs at each corner.

I'm really surprised some of you like this piece of shit. Normally this car would be bashed on these forums, I mean look at it. It looks hideous and I'm sure it'll drive similarly too.

No, come on, look at it one more time. :puke:

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
I, personally, don't like it... but then again, I don't like a lot of US Ford's design philosophy lately.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
You know what it looks like? It looks like a Range Rover raped a Clubman Mini in the dark, somebody found the unwanted child, put a Ford sticker on it and said "there you go, a new model!". <_<

:lol:
yes, exactly

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
Oh dear god they put the ugly grille on the back too? :shock: And to think people make fun of the Cayman for the back looking like the front...

Jay

the fool on the hill
I am honestly surprised you like the Flex. Hey, if you like it, more power to you; it is just that you strike me as a Honda or Subaru guy.

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
what i see looks like a range rover crossed with a mini cooper with big chrome rims

airmenair

I would agree but, I think it went down like this. Range Rover and XB get together, admiring the Mini Clubman at a party. Hours go by and Mini gets more and more trashed all the while Range Rover and XB are watching trying to figure how they can get with that. They start sweet talking, taking advantage of the Minis lowered defenses and get it into the upstairs bedroom with the lights off they strike and the Clubman is raped in the dark by the devious Range Rover and XB. The result, this Ford Flex lovechild. 9 months later.

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
Well at least it looks good in the dark! Ah, it's not so bad. Sort of like a large scale xB with chrome. Minus said chrome, I think it would look decent. Any word on its powertrain?

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo