I must be getting old: the Ford Flex

It looks nice ... it looks like a Mini-clubman (side, roof, windows), with the proportions gotten right ...
looks like a range rover someone fat sat on
You know what it looks like? It looks like a Range Rover raped a Clubman Mini in the dark, somebody found the unwanted child, put a Ford sticker on it and said "there you go, a new model!". <_<

Looks like the fugly love child of a range rover and mini. Not a fan, though better colours may suit it more.

Edit: Damn my slow reading.

It doesn't do anything for me - it's low, fat box on wheels. It doesn't offend me, but nor would I say I like it.

Last edited:
OK apart for the radiator grill - never been a fan of the razor blade Ford thing going on in NA but put a torquey diesel in there and it might even work over here, depends upon price, oh and if the interior is up to snuff.

Last edited:
It really is like a big Mini Clubman

i generally tend to hate Ford america's 3 bar grille and boxy styling, but this gallery makes the flex look very hawt!

1005big.jpg

1006big.jpg

1015big.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/3080516.001/2009-ford-flex

I think itd ugly with a very big U. But hey. im only 13 ;D

you must be getting old cause I see a toaster with chrome knobs at each corner.

I'm really surprised some of you like this piece of shit. Normally this car would be bashed on these forums, I mean look at it. It looks hideous and I'm sure it'll drive similarly too.

No, come on, look at it one more time. :puke:

I, personally, don't like it... but then again, I don't like a lot of US Ford's design philosophy lately.

You know what it looks like? It looks like a Range Rover raped a Clubman Mini in the dark, somebody found the unwanted child, put a Ford sticker on it and said "there you go, a new model!". <_<

:lol:
yes, exactly

Oh dear god they put the ugly grille on the back too? :shock: And to think people make fun of the Cayman for the back looking like the front...

I am honestly surprised you like the Flex. Hey, if you like it, more power to you; it is just that you strike me as a Honda or Subaru guy.

what i see looks like a range rover crossed with a mini cooper with big chrome rims

I would agree but, I think it went down like this. Range Rover and XB get together, admiring the Mini Clubman at a party. Hours go by and Mini gets more and more trashed all the while Range Rover and XB are watching trying to figure how they can get with that. They start sweet talking, taking advantage of the Minis lowered defenses and get it into the upstairs bedroom with the lights off they strike and the Clubman is raped in the dark by the devious Range Rover and XB. The result, this Ford Flex lovechild. 9 months later.

Well at least it looks good in the dark! Ah, it's not so bad. Sort of like a large scale xB with chrome. Minus said chrome, I think it would look decent. Any word on its powertrain?