I must take my leave

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Hi everyone,
Probably nobody here remembers me, I was not exactly the most active of the forum's members. And at these times where this forum became too alive for me to keep up with, I must beg my leave, gentlemen (&ladies).

I was away for some time from the forum ... well, more like 2 whole months, while I sneaked a peak back here and there. And while I was away I realized just how much time consuming reading this forum had become. Having new members is always a good thing, but I believe it became a bit too crowded for me. In the last days while I was on it used to take me like at least 2 hours to read only the threads that I was interested in, and now with 2 months of absence under my belt, I'm pretty sure I can't pull it off anymore.

While I was away I started spending that extra time from the forums into improving on myself, my personal life, my health, etc. And it really put in perpective just how much of my time this forum was taking. I guess I was kind of hooked on it, although I shouldn't have been; I should have had more things to do in the off-net world. I imagine quite a few others here feel the same, just as the former great members that have left.

Well, I guess there's always a time to say goodbye, and for me this is it. I must begin by saying that this forum was the harbor for many great discussions with people from different backgrounds which I enjoyed every minute I was here. Good times of making jokes with others, gathering automotive knowledge, laughing at the posts in the "I know who the STIG is" thread and sharing great videos between us ... I will take these good times with me and remember them every time I see another top gear video.

I must therefore excuse myself from becoming another "leecher" as many of us have called those who lack contribution to the network that has become the family of many fans of Fifth Gear and Top Gear. I thank all those that will contribute to bringing these awesome shows for the whole world to watch freely in advance, as I will not be around to thank them then. A post as a thank you from time to time will suffice, but I wouldn't feel right to just leave a thank you note at the beginning or end of each season, as it would not contribute much to the forum, and I tried to never post something unless it had a meaning or was usefull/fun, so I won't start now.

Well, this being said and done, I need not say more than: I had a great time while I was here, you've all helped me a lot and we've become quite good discussion friends I'd say. And even though many of you might not care at the parting of just another fellow member, I'll say that I'll miss our interactions and will remember them always.

Good Bye,
Vlad

PS: Let this thread go off topic in the all-good Final Gear spirit!! :thumbsup: I won't be here to read any of your replies, but I trust that you will have a good time turning this thread into something very random. :roll:

Reading everything definitely takes a lot of time. I check out only a few threads apart from the LFS section, post here and there if I find something really interesting.

Most of the time infact I just look at thread titles and if I see something interesting, I remember to check it out later when I have time.

Even though you won't read it probably, I wish you all the best in the things that keep you busy now. :wave:

Hey, dude I remeber you! I actually thought the forum had calmed down a bit as far as activity goes, but..........

Yeah, forums do seem to sort of suck a person's will to live....... I'll probably be slipping into the shadows again as the weather gets nicer and different things call me away.....

Later bro (oh yeah you said you wouldn't be reading the replies, so........ummmmm.......yeah)

Does anyone remember me? :cry:

it is sad when people dont even recognize members with 1000+ posts.

but farewell man... i know ill be gone as soon as the summer hits just like last year. this forum just seems to be something to do in the winter and well its not really winter anymore.

I never understood why people post "goodbye" threads on forums. Of course, that's probably just me....I up and left a country and never told my friends LOL

vladmitu said:
In the last days while I was on it used to take me like at least 2 hours to read only the threads that I was interested in, and now with 2 months of absence under my belt, I'm pretty sure I can't pull it off anymore.
Not that your going to be reading this since you claim to be gone but there was a time before I hit 2000 posts when I thought to myself - "SHIT! I spend waay too much time on this forum!"
As time went on, I learnt how to read + post in the many topics was interested in in a very short amount of time. Some days it takes me 20-minutes to read and make up to 10 posts. Others I take a bit longer, but if you set time limits on yourself...you won't get too carried away with it.

jeffy777 said:
Hey, dude I remeber you! I actually thought the forum had calmed down a bit as far as activity goes, but..........
I remember him too! :) As for forum activity...it has gone down a bit I think but its probably that there are less and less threads that interest me. Too much OT...

Cyaz vladmitu (what a crazy name :p )....g'luck in whatever the hell you do!

Dudes, i LOVE forums. I sit at work for 6 hrs(suppose to be 8) and when I'm not doing my experiments, i check for new posts on finalgear. It's the only thing thats keeping me from being bored out of my mind.

I agree, Goodbye posts are overrated. And it doesn't take that much time to keep up with this forum. I check about 5 different sub topics and read almost all posts within that. Due to the lack of posting from many people, it isn't hard to catch up.

Am I popular enough to leave a mark in people's mind yet? jayjaya? Remember me?

Yeah, I remember you and pretty much everybody else.

And good luck vlad.

For me, it takes be about 20 min when I get home to catch up with posts, then I check every so often until I go to sleep. I don't find it too hard either.

I really have nothing better to do. I could watch some more TV I guess

jayjaya29 said:
For me, it takes be about 20 min when I get home to catch up with posts, then I check every so often until I go to sleep. I don't find it too hard either.

That's pretty much my routine

You guys must have addictive personalities or something. I just pop in once in a while when I'm working for ten minutes at a time.

Finally a use for this
136.gif
(and I remember you too)

I haven't been here that long, but I remeber you. :)

I sometimes find it difficult to find a thread that really interests me and some days have good threads others have bad. But everyone here is a laugh anyway ;)