I need a camera...

Compact DSLR? Oly E-620, or if you don't need optical VF, Pen...?

Compact DSLR? Oly E-620, or if you don't need optical VF, Pen...?
Speak English! :eek:

It's really down to the LX3 or the G11 at this point. The "Prosumer" category is what I want.

Well, those are the only two real options in the advanced high end compact segment tbh, imo. Unless you want a bigger super zoooooom "bridge camera".

For having one camera, though, the quality is pretty close between the two to not make much of a difference so poisonally I'd go for the G11 just because of the 5x zoom over the useless 2.5x of the LX3.

Unless you want a bigger super zoooooom "bridge camera".

Nah, I was a lens that collapses into the body.

For having one camera, though, the quality is pretty close between the two to not make much of a difference so poisonally I'd go for the G11 just because of the 5x zoom over the useless 2.5x of the LX3.

Yeah, the 5x zoom of the G11 is why it's still in the running. However the LX3 also has it's advantages as mentioned previously (namely a better lens).

*want <_<

Just bought a G11. Should be here next week.

While wide angle is nice, I'd rather have the extra zoom.

720p video is awesome, but the G11's 640x480 actually doesn't look that bad and I can always just pick up a Flip Min HD in the future if I find myself shooting a lot of video. :)

We shall be expecting great things in the lens flair thread from you now, you have no excuse! :p.
Except I never go anywhere. :p

Is it ok if I borrowed this thread for a moment? I'm looking for a second-hand DSLR for about 300 ? (including the lens). Any suggestions what I can expect for that kind of money? I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to DSLRs, until now I only used a compact digital camera but after 10000 images it's starting to give in and I might need something new (well, second-hand) with decent image quality and macro focus. Any advice would be greaty appreciated!

Is it ok if I borrowed this thread for a moment? I'm looking for a second-hand DSLR for about 300 ? (including the lens). Any suggestions what I can expect for that kind of money? I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to DSLRs, until now I only used a compact digital camera but after 10000 images it's starting to give in and I might need something new (well, second-hand) with decent image quality and macro focus. Any advice would be greaty appreciated!

Probably a 350/400D for Canon side of things.