I need a laptop

caro

Car(s)
2 girls, 1 cup, 2 bikes, 1 car...
So my Fujitsu Siemens is really old now and I need a replacement. I have no idea what to buy. I just want it to be reliable. I can spend up to 1000 euros (max). I prefer Windows 7 and 15 inch screen. Would be nice to have SSD, but I'm also fine just with the HDD. What to look for ? Toshiba ? Dell ?

I'm really becoming a broken record(one that echos ZeDestrutcor, no less), but either a Thinkpad T-series or Dell Precision are what I would recommend. Both can be found new or used with plenty of power, all the reliability you'd want, and well within your budget. Always check out their outlet stores, as you can often find new, open box items at a fairly significant discount, and I know at least the Lenovos come with the standard one year warranty.

Yup yup, T430 and you're done.

I'm really becoming a broken record(one that echos ZeDestrutcor, no less), but either a Thinkpad T-series or Dell Precision are what I would recommend. Both can be found new or used with plenty of power, all the reliability you'd want, and well within your budget. Always check out their outlet stores, as you can often find new, open box items at a fairly significant discount, and I know at least the Lenovos come with the standard one year warranty.

Agree on the Ts, not so much on the Dells. Also check out the "outlet" portion of the Lenovo site, they tend to have good deals.

Pretty good IMO. Just about anything made in the past 5 years or so can handle 1080p no problem, games it pretty much depends on what you are running but I think it should be fine for most games that are not ridiculously demanding. Ideapad is Lenovo's "main stream" line while Thinkpad is the "business" line, generally speaking the latter is better built as it's made to go on the road a lot. I would go with the one you posted over an Ideapad. You can always get more RAM and SSD later when you have some spare cash.

OK, thanks, I appreciate all of the infos. Too bad this one above is out of stock and in other stores it's 100 euros more expensive.