I need good, cheap sunglasses

I recommend Polaroid, they block the sun very effectively and I haven't managed to break them, so far.
Second that, i also recommend polaroids, theyre quite cheap, polarized(naturally) and good quality..

Here's a tip for you. Check out gas stations and chemists. I'm not sure about over there, but here they have a really good selection of cheap, good (including polarized) sunglasses. I buy all mine from gas stations!

I was saving it for you PB. I knew you would want to be the one to post.

I was saving it for you PB. I knew you would want to be the one to post.

Truth be told, I was surprised you hadn't done it yet. Great minds think alike. :D

I've always bought cheap Fossil discount rack sunglasses with good success.

Ahh forgot about this thread. :rolleyes:

The hunt is still on, though I found a really nice, "cheap" pair of Oakleys I may end up buying.

I've been watching eBay auctions on a pair of Nike glasses I want, they all seem to go for around $30-$40 so that might be my first attempt.

check out American Optical

The Original Aviator Sunglasses

How to buy sunglasses, the BlaRo way:

1. Drive to your local mall. Spend 6 hours trying to find a parking space closest to Lord and Taylor's, only to be beaten out by some damn frat boy in his '94 Eagle Talon blasting Lil Wayne. Park on the other side of the movie theater, farthest away from the entrance. Go on, you need the exercise anyway.
  2. Wander around the corridors, dodging moms with strollers and wiggers and their ugly-ass girlfriends, past the pounding annoying music at Abercrombie and past the nasal offensiveness of Hollister/the food court/Forever 21.
  3. Find your local friendly cheap sunglass kiosk. (NOT Sunglass Hut.)
  4. Plonk down $10.75 for a pair of "Compare to GUCCI" shades, the kind with "HECHO EN CHINE" plastered on the arms that say "POLORISED".
  5. Buy the optional "leather" baggie with the drawstring clasp that will fall apart after 3 hours bouncing around your pocket anyway, if you don't lose it first. The spiky-haired Asian kid working the stand needs your money anyway.
  6. Put them on and pretend to be Agent Smith.
  7. Lose them.

The most I ever paid for a pair of sunglasses was 21 bucks, from an airline catalog that I carried through China for 3 months with the intention of mailing it in when I got back to the States. I lost them after 4 months.

:lol:

It seems people generally here don't give a crap about their sunglasses. I figured people who drive as much as us would be more into it.

I genuinely need a good pair, my eyes hate the sun and I drive all day for my job. I'm getting a quality pair. :cool:

I think I might look into those Julbos too. I'm in the market for some good, relatively inexpensive sunglasses.

How to buy sunglasses, the BlaRo way:

1. Drive to your local mall. Spend 6 hours trying to find a parking space closest to Lord and Taylor's, only to be beaten out by some damn frat boy in his '94 Eagle Talon blasting Lil Wayne. Park on the other side of the movie theater, farthest away from the entrance. Go on, you need the exercise anyway.
  2. Wander around the corridors, dodging moms with strollers and wiggers and their ugly-ass girlfriends, past the pounding annoying music at Abercrombie and past the nasal offensiveness of Hollister/the food court/Forever 21.
  3. Find your local friendly cheap sunglass kiosk. (NOT Sunglass Hut.)
  4. Plonk down $10.75 for a pair of "Compare to GUCCI" shades, the kind with "HECHO EN CHINE" plastered on the arms that say "POLORISED".
  5. Buy the optional "leather" baggie with the drawstring clasp that will fall apart after 3 hours bouncing around your pocket anyway, if you don't lose it first. The spiky-haired Asian kid working the stand needs your money anyway.
  6. Put them on and pretend to be Agent Smith.
  7. Lose them.

The most I ever paid for a pair of sunglasses was 21 bucks, from an airline catalog that I carried through China for 3 months with the intention of mailing it in when I got back to the States. I lost them after 4 months.

+rep for that :lol:

I have sensitive eyes as well, and I've spent a substantial amount of time looking for affordable (i.e., cheap) and good sunglasses. After looking at items within the $100-$200 price range, and realizing that they're all rubbish, I picked up 2 pairs of Polaroid polarized sunglasses for around $40. Broke the first pair a few months ago, now on my second pair, and I absolutely love them.

People often buy sunglasses to make things dark, which is wrong, and will most likely fuck up your eyes even more. You need sunglasses that will retain colors and shades, while reducing glare.

Polarized sunglasses all the way.

I've gotten those special transitions lesnes in my glasses for like 10 years now and I love them. You don't have to dick around with a second pair of shades or those cheesy clip on ones.

It seems people generally here don't give a crap about their sunglasses. I figured people who drive as much as us would be more into it.
I just keep 2-3 pairs of cheap polarized gas-station aviators in my car at all times. Sometimes I'll go get some decent nose pads for them at the optometrist if they really suck.

BlaRo said:
Drive to your local mall. Spend 6 hours trying to find a parking space closest to Lord and Taylor's, only to be beaten out by some damn frat boy in his '94 Eagle Talon blasting Lil Wayne.
:lol: Nice. But I'd rather have that than frat boys driving 4x4 F250s listening to Kenny Chesney or some other terrible country shit. Seriously, I'll have to take a picture of the 'Farm House' parking lot for you guys sometime. Every one of those guys needlessly drives a huge pickup.

:lol:

It seems people generally here don't give a crap about their sunglasses.

Not me. I forked out $250 for a pair of Ray Bans the other month, replacing my old Oakleys ($160) which disappeared. They later turned up (I almost wish they hadn't) and I use them as a spare pair. Of course that doesn't mean I'm any more careful with my sunnies than you guys...:(

Last edited:
Not me. I forked out $250 for a pair of Ray Bans the other month, replacing my old Oakleys ($160) which disappeared. They later turned up (I almost wish they hadn't) and I use them as a spare pair. Of course that doesn't mean I'm any more careful with my sunnies than you guys...:(

I got a pair of $350 Prada sunglasses (after the discounts it was more like $160) and simply because of that I take meticulous care of them. I keep them in the hard case with their cloth and usually that never leaves my glove box. I only usually wear them when I drive, so when I don't have them on, they stay in their little cave. They're great for driving cause the lenses wrap entirely around my eyes, almost to the temple, so there are no frames in the way. Really nice glasses.

http://img507.imageshack.**/img507/4365/prspr53f5av1a104ju6.jpg