I NEED SEEDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I need people with a good upload speed to seed each video month on BitTorrent. So I'd probably send you the .torrent and have VUK like initially seed it until you got to 100%, from then which you could upload to others, taking the load off VUK's slow upload.

Any takers? Don't have much to offer but my appreciation.

:::Raises hand:::
What do you consider a good upload speed?:) I get 45KB/s up. If that's good I can help.

Just to clarify, upload ~360kb/s=45KB/s :mrgreen:

Re: I NEED SEEDERS

Viper007Bond said:
I need people with a good upload speed to seed each video month on BitTorrent. So I'd probably send you the .torrent and have VUK like initially seed it until you got to 100%, from then which you could upload to others, taking the load off VUK's slow upload.

Any takers? Don't have much to offer but my appreciation.

Hello, Everybody

I sort of have a suggestion, but it might seem kind of stupid, or not work very well, depending on how BitTorrent recognizes same files, except with a changed timestamp and/or filename.

I was wondering if it would be possible to put the file on an HTTP server, and have a mailing list set up, so that when new episodes are available; it'll send information to the seeders to download the file off of the HTTP, and aloow them to share through BitTorrent. This will reduce the load on the HTTP servers, speed up the distribution process, and encourage seeder participation, since they will get the episode first.

but, I guess the downside is that it may be difficult to find HTTP servers willing to host the file, and there's no way to track whether the seeders are really seeders or leechers looking to download the episode directly through HTTP instead of going through BitTorrent.

I hope this idea isn't too stupid.

Best Regards

I was thinking of doing that actually and not allowing people to download via HTTP (except seeders) for a week to encourage use of BitTorrent. ;)

Once I get everything up, I'll start setting this up.

I too, would like to participate in seeding, if there is not too many people applying to seed already.

Thank you

The more, the better.

Hi, i would like to help out too! my upload speed might be abit of a problem! 20-25kb!
Thanks! :D

I too would also like to help but i'm on cable and my upload speeds are around 40~60kb. but if u need seeders and not picky i'm definitely willing. :)

I wouldn't mind helping to seed (off 2 internet connections upload 256 kbit) and also I have some extra webspace to share (approx 500MB w/ 5GB monthly transfer) that is not utilized. PM for more info.

You've been PM'ed.

Everyone else who is still serious about wanting to seed and who are not official seeders already - post and let me know. :)

You've got a PM.

guys i just want to clarify something

kilobits and kilobytes are different things...
ALL evil ISP advertise super fast uploads of 500kb or something
along those lines....conversion is
500 kilobits = 62.5 kilobytes
so now imagine 2 ppl download from u, in optimal conditions,
they'll get 30kb each....
150 megabytes = 153 600 kilobytes (approx size of avg movie)
so then 5120 seconds to DL 1 video, or 85min... and there is very
little chance that only 2 users will start to grab those files...

i think most of u realize this already, but we need fast connections :!:
heheh i hope this torrent thingy works

Status
Not open for further replies.