I quite like large luxury vehicles. Why the hate?

Gangsta! :D

I forgot to express my opinion on this thread btw:

Personally, performance > luxury, but these cars fit different markets. Soccer moms like their SUVs, and no-one is going to tell them otherwise (try going up to one and trying to explain what a 4x4 is supposed to do and the impracticality of it all - they won't care) Your A6/5er is for your corporate businessman, A8/7er for your CEO, lawyer or whatever... everyone has different needs, and 50-ish men don't want to screech around corners, tires blazing at 150mph :lol: So as long as the car does what it's supposed to do, without breaking down, spinning off, or costing a fortune, it's fine by me. I guess if somebody wants to drift along silently with 3m of leg room, 4 different kinds of cup holders and bar, complete with bartender, that's cool enjoy yourself. :)

My dads 50 and loves that kinda stuff haha.

And i think the OP was talking about SUVs.

Im one of the few who DOES like luxo SUVs (besides the Navigator, that thing is such a POS).

I like Escalades, QX56, and Yukon Denalis. But im wierd like that.

IMO a small car is much more impractical than say, this.
escalade-esv-girl.jpg

Basing SIMPLY upon the fact that you can do a whole lot more with it than a small car.

They're like performance vehicles however they're completely on the other end of the spectrum. I just don't get how people, especially people in this forum, despise large luxury vehicles when similarly priced sports-performance vehicles are just as excessive and impractical? Granted they are excessive and impractical in a totally different aspect, but still excessive and impractical nonetheless.

Hey, go with what you like! To me, smaller is better. I like cars that are a reflection of myself: compact and efficient. Obviously you are going to encounter static on this particular board, because the majority of people here like sports cars, and eschew what they consider the complete opposite of their passions. Children do not put up posters of Maybachs and Mercedes on their walls, they do not have toy limos they push around the living room floor.

The bare fact is, and that we can all agree on, is that luxury cars do not awake the senses, rather put them in a tranquil, comforting place. One does not take a Mercedes 500 series to a track day, you deserve to be laughed at. Likewise, one does not pull up in front of a five star hotel with a lime green Porsche GT3, as that would be considered...unseemly.

Some have a hatred that is actually a jealousy, being in part of their social status. Some are content to repeat the opinions of others, petrified to not conform with the majority.

^Im another wierd kid who put a picture of a Maybach on his wall...

^Quite true :thumbup: but I just wish it looked better, couldn't they have spent a little more time making it look great instead of making it not behead JC with the trunk lid?

^Quite true :thumbup: but I just wish it looked better, couldn't they have spent a little more time making it look great instead of making it not behead JC with the trunk lid?

Ahaha, that post made my night.

You know, looks are questionable. I like the way it looks. I think its very classy and descrete (the way these cars ought to be, AHEM, rolls royce..) 8)

Although, i am a fan of EVERY Bentley...

I just wish MB used different headlights and taillights on the Maybach. As is, it looks Korean.

Volvo S80 for me:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/30/VolvoS80430.jpg

It seriously pains me to still think my father didn't buy the S80 we test drove (it was just too pricey). Perfect blueish steel gray colour with a black interior and the v8. Z-O-M-G.

/my girlfriend said "i don't get it, just a regular 4 door to me", when i told her how nice it was.
//she got the shocker that night.
///.....payback, besh.

Why do you guys like the S80 so much? Whats so special about it compared to like a BMW 550i?

I think if i was in the market though for a midsize, V8 luxury car, i'd get one of these.
08infinitim_hi_002-thumb.jpg

Being Australian, I can't help but love the Holden Caprice.

Holden-WM_Caprice_2006_800x600_wallpaper_15.jpg

Holden-WM_Caprice_2006_800x600_wallpaper_29.jpg

Holden-WM_Caprice_2006_800x600_wallpaper_2d.jpg

That's what I call rear leg room! :D

I'l have to agree with you there, I particulary have a soft spot for the older (WH?) models.

Caprice9990004.jpg

Why do you guys like the S80 so much? Whats so special about it compared to like a BMW 550i?

I think if i was in the market though for a midsize, V8 luxury car, i'd get one of these.

Why do you like you're Trailblazer so much?

We like the S80 because it's an understated, sophisticated, classy, and non-ostentatious alternative to an ugly, complicated car with a huge badge-snob following.

/http://dictionary.reference.com/ In case you need to look any of those words up.
//When I was your age I thought VW made the best cars, the S-class was dull, and Wales was located somewhere of the coast of Greece.
///As you get older, you change.

Why do you like you're Trailblazer so much?

We like the S80 because it's an understated, sophisticated, classy, and non-ostentatious alternative to an ugly, complicated car with a huge badge-snob following.

/http://dictionary.reference.com/ In case you need to look any of those words up.
//When I was your age I thought VW made the best cars, the S-class was dull, and Wales was located somewhere of the coast of Greece.
///As you get older, you change.

Wow, chill out there.

I was jsut curious as to WHY you guys prefered that to a BMW.

I never said it was a bad car. I quite like the new Volvos.

Jess, jump down my throat. Just asking for your opinion.

I like the S20 too. But I was shocked at the price.

I'd rather go with a new CTS personally. BMW's never did it for me. At least, not the new ones. The old square models are awesome though.

I like the S20 too. But I was shocked at the price.

I'd rather go with a new CTS personally. BMW's never did it for me. At least, not the new ones. The old square models are awesome though.

The new CTS is getting pretty awesome reviews. It would definatly be one to test drive! :)

I do like large luxury cars, but only if they're small enough to park, like for example the S8, Quattraporte or the XJR

@ A.FONZ

Every time I see one, I immediately think "Government"

I love large luxo barges. Especially the one I drive!

HPIM0322.jpg

Luxury cars are nice. I can certainly appreciate over-engineering, and I have a deep liking for Rolls-Royces and Bentleys.

What I don't like a "luxury" 4WDs (e.g. BMW X5.