I reckon, cars, owned by Top Gear presenters are now Cool

ViperVX

Remember, all the cars, that Jeremy James & Richard drive (apart from Fiat Panda) were uncool or seriously uncool on their Cool Wall (FordGT, 911, Boxster, Gallardo spyder, SL & SLK 55 amg, Morgan & so on.
In seasons 1-6 they were motoring geeks, same as computer geeks - seriously uncool, but i think, now, because Top Gear is more entertainment - less car show, than before, because of 8mil+ ratings & Richard's crash, i reckon all their cars are Cool.

Last edited:
Nope.. never.. They will always be uncool in my book. And when they do become cool, as how you described, I will be watching C&D.
EDIT:
One thing to note, a few of the cars are no longer owned by them (at lest what can be told from watching the show). The Ford GT and the SL are twos that come to mind right away.

Last edited:
Their labelling of their own cars as "uncool" had less to with actual coolness and more to do with the boys' journalistic integrity.

That's like saying that the last SL, owned by people like Quentin Wilson, is now cool.

My point was based on the fact, that the show became cool in season 9 (atleast i think it did).

That's like saying that the last SL, owned by people like Quentin Wilson, is now cool.

it is, its an angular 80's/90's throw back..... it looks awesome with super deep dish rims, theres a tacky gold one around here with super massive, deep as a wheelie bin 5 spoke rims.... it looks awesome

That which does not try to be cool - is cool. Therefore the Morgan cool. Rarity also makes it cool: how many have you seen on the road?
5. At the same time. In winter. With the roof down. Looked quite awsome.

it is, its an angular 80's/90's throw back..... it looks awesome with super deep dish rims, theres a tacky gold one around here with super massive, deep as a wheelie bin 5 spoke rims.... it looks awesome
Yes, the old SLK was also a very good looking car, it looked quite simply epic in its clean and quite nice design. Was it cool? Neh.

You could say the same about the E39 5-series. It is one of the best looking sedans ever made, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a BMW. It's not cool, neither is the old SLK, and sadly, as good looking as it might be, neither is the old SL.

My point was based on the fact, that the show became cool in season 9 (atleast i think it did).

no, that reasoning doesnt really work, the TG presenter's cars will only be cool when TG is over and the guy's are out of work. Plus also by virtue of wanting the cars to be cool....makes them uncool. Things that try to be cool, or made to be cool, usually aren't. The cars are only cool if it is no one's intent to make them cool.

Last edited:
I don't care what anybody says the SL55 and SL65 cars are cool as hell. But only in black.

I don't care what anybody says the SL55 and SL65 cars are cool as hell. But only in black.

but cool really doesnt have to do with color, sure certain colors can make a car really uncool, but not vice versa.

color can make cars beautiful, attractive, faster looking, but not cool.

but cool really doesnt have to do with color, sure certain colors can make a car really uncool, but not vice versa.

color can make cars beautiful, attractive, faster looking, but not cool.

I'm going to disagree.

This:
10_09_05_mercedes_sl55_amg_velden_1.JPG

looks ten times cooler than this:
1081048656mercedes_sl55.jpg

Black is the only suitable color for Mercs in my book.

I'm going to disagree.

This:
10_09_05_mercedes_sl55_amg_velden_1.JPG

looks ten times cooler than this:
1081048656mercedes_sl55.jpg

Black is the only suitable color for Mercs in my book.

No no no no NO !!

You are completely missing the point of coolness. Yes, the black SL looks wwaaaaay better than the silver one. It does. However that's the only thing it looks. Better, not cooler. As already mentioned, color has got nothing to do with the coolfactor of a car.

Cool is not the same as beautiful.

Colour CAN have an effect on the coolness of a car. So can anything to do with the car. The shape, the badge, the engine, who owns it, the advertising, the backstory (if it has one), whatever it is - it's a combination of factors, and of course it's different for everyone.

For example, in my opinion the Mercedes SLR McLaren is a cool car, say, in black - but in pink? No thanks.

Colour CAN have an effect on the coolness of a car. So can anything to do with the car. The shape, the badge, the engine, who owns it, the advertising, the backstory (if it has one), whatever it is - it's a combination of factors, and of course it's different for everyone.

For example, in my opinion the Mercedes SLR McLaren is a cool car, say, in black - but in pink? No thanks.

Thank you for getting it.

Other examples of color that make the car cool--or cooler than it already is:

Charger R/T Daytona:
dodge-charger.jpg

LP640:
murcielago.jpg

300SL:
4.jpg

Audi RS4:
alt.jpg

Vanquish:
Aston_Martin_Vanquish_green1.jpg

EVO VII:
evo.f34.500.jpg

GT3 RS:
porschegt3rs.jpg

Zonda S:
Pagani%20Zonda%20S%20Londen%20voorkant.jpg

PAGANI-ZONDA-S_E6P7579.jpg

Yes these cars are cool cars beforehand--but with these specific colors they are, in my eyes, much "cooler".

Sorry, the RS4 just looks like a damned chicken in yellow. :?

Everyone as different interpretations of what 'cool' is, what one person finds cool, another person may not. This makes us individual.

I know the 'cool wall' has it owns rules, but we can't rely on it to determine a car cool or not. It's not like Jeremy and Richard always agree on what's cool, in short, determine cool cars on your own opinions, not other peoples opinions.

Everyone as different interpretations of what 'cool' is, what one person finds cool, another person may not. This makes us individual.

that is true, but it also makes discussions about what is 'cool' or not becomes very chaotic, because each individual is giving their opinions of cool based on their own different criteria. it's kind of like the mythical tower of babel and everyone trying to converse with each other but speaking in different tongues, it just becomes a confused mess of noise.

Audi RS4 defines the word coolness ;)