I sat in a new EVO X!

Koenig

Not sure if everyone knows, but I work as a parts delivery driver for a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership. The same guy that owns our dealership also owns a Kia, Ford, and Mitsubishi dealership, and I regularly drop off/pick up parts at these locations. Today, while at the Mitsu branch, the parts guy told me they had just received an EVO X (this was at around 7am). He walked me to where they put it in the showroom and let me sit in it.

First impressions is that it's very aggressive; definitely won't be mistaken for the vanilla Lancer. They had the base GSR model, so it didn't have the sport wheels, and didn't have the upgraded brakes. Inside, it was rather pleasant to be in. Not BMW/Audi quality, but seemed much nicer than the previous EVOs. The bucket seats were amazing. Very supportive, very comfortable.

I was very impressed with the car, and hearing that it started at $42,000CND, it didn't sound like a bad deal either. Next time when I go back, I'll try to get some pictures.

definitely won't be mistaken for the vanilla Lancer.

I think someone in my office building has one of the new Lancers. It caught my eye in the parking lot because it's the first one I've seen on the road and it was turquoise.

which just baffled me.

Is it an actual available color option? can I get one in beige?

turquoise...jesus christ.

I sat in one at the Tokyo Motor Show. Definitely a nice place to be.

n61110099_34968328_1631.jpg

JC would say:

'A car with nobody behind the wheel'

I seen the new Lancers around quite a bit. No Evo's yet. I think the body kit is too much, the previous gen looked alot more purpose built. This one looks like the body was made for nothing but looks.

Well the Evo X is going to do well for the simple fact that the new WRX is sinfully ugly. But I guess it's good that it has a nice interior too. :D

Hopefully the build quality is there on the new lancer, it's awful on some of the previous gen. I have a cousin who has a 2000 and the carpet has pulled away from the metal on the passangers side (he very rarely even carries someone) and just has a feeling of "tired" inside.

^Surely that's because his passengers are trying to hit that imaginery brake pedal? It's something i do a lot as a passenger..... i wear out the carpet quicker than the pedal for sure :)

^Surely that's because his passengers are trying to hit that imaginery brake pedal? It's something i do a lot as a passenger..... i wear out the carpet quicker than the pedal for sure :)

No, it's coming away from the firewall

First impressions is that it's very aggressive; definitely won't be mistaken for the vanilla Lancer.

Actually i disagree, they had a group of lancers and one or two EVO X up at Sno* Drift this year and we had to look for the rear driveshafts and at the brakes to determine which was which. It was cold outside, so maybe that was a issue (i.e. hurrying everywhere, so not much time to look)

The differences here are basically like between the DB9 and the DBS. And you can tell there, can't you? ;)

You must be blind then.

i suppose it would have been easier if i looked at the hood, but the way they were parked made that damn hard

evox.jpg

2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer_GTS_08.jpg

i suppose its not that hard to tell, but at the time i was more concerned with not getting frostbite. All i'm saying is its not GLARINGLY obvious, its not something your grandmother could easily identify.

True, but grandmothers are into knitting and putting fruit and veggies into jars, so they can be fed to their greatgrandkids in 20 years time.

From those 2 shots you can easily spot the phoney. Rims, lack of diffuser, 1 tailpipe, spoiler's smaller, sideskirts are bolted on, so is front spoiler, but the easiest way to tell is just look at the steering wheel.

Unless it's the Ralliart version, in which case, the wheel is the same, but everything else still applies. :p

</fanboy>