I Spy Finalgear style?

ryosuke said:
XYZviper said:
I think its enough to say just: Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo etc... without any specific models, becauso all of them are rare and exotic. :)

Realy nice idea overall :) :thumbsup:
than we would have about 10 manufacturers and some people would see one car of each of them within a week or two...

I'm not saying that if you see a Ferrari you just say "I saw a ferrari" and that one Ferrari will represent all Ferraris, no.

:oops: Or this game will be like, here in the forum some says "find me an F 430 and everyone will have to search for it?"

If this is the case I know what You mean then. :)

mautzel said:
I'll work out a weird car list as proposed by me above - how much cars shall go on each list by the way (would propose 7 - 10)
i think the regular exotic list should have a bit more, at least 20, otherwise it would be over too fast.

also we should discuss whether or not to allow old pictures...some might already have half of the list on their hd...
i am not sure, but if everybody just resized them, the exif data should still be available so the pictures of the winner could then be checked for validity. if we decide not to allow older photos...

I didn't realise this was a competition. Just presumed that we would be searching for cars, like birdwatchers do with birds (thinks back to Simpson's ep - "a pidgeon - that's the last one on my list") - well, i'm game any way you decide to do it.

It just appeared to me that the biggest problem is the proof of authenticy of the pictures handed in. I thought of different ways of "watermarking" them, for example, hold a finalgear sign in front of you whilst taking a photo of the car but that seems to be too complicated. I even thought of not making photos but short clips (nearly all cameras are equipped with a clip tool these days) on which you then say finalgear I spy car or something like that. But I don't want to dscriminate the handful of users on 56k as well as many pictures will be taken on mobile phones which often lack those devices. The only solution at the moment seems to be to rely on your honesty - it's just a game for fun, so cheating shouldn't bring you anywhere anyway.

I hope to present my list soon, be surprised about the cars you're supposed to find then

:D

I'm nopt sure about the compatition aspect, I reckon if you complete it first maybe a prize of some sort (only a custom title or anything if they who must be obeyed agree, so don't get too excited), but not too sure, as I like the idea of a non competitive fun thing, see how it goes. Will try and have a preliminary list up sunday, and maybe an extra mautzel special list for the hardcore out there!

Knowing them doesn't mean that they're around in my area as well :)

I've been making my mind up about a rare but affordable car list (valid for Europe only, all participants should check whether the cars listed were sold in their home country at all), the entrys are:

Audi A2 (red or white coloured)
http://img119.imageshack.**/img119/2349/a22ek.jpg
Cirtroen BX wagon
ofznuf.jpg

Daihatsu Charade (any model)
ofzo6r.jpg

Fiat Panda 4x4 (old design) (in fact, find any old Panda!)
ofzof7.jpg

Honda Legend
ofzomf.jpg

Lada Forma (or Samara)
ofzotg.jpg

Lancia Delta (last model)
ofzp8n.jpg

Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon
ofzqls.jpg

Nissan Almera Sedan
ofzqs9.jpg

Porsche 968
ofzqyh.jpg

Renault Safrane BiTurbo (forget the Biturbo - show me any Safrane!)
ofzr6o.jpg

Rover 800 Coupe
ofzre1.jpg

Suzuki X90
ofzrl0.jpg

VW Lupo 3L
ofzrsj.gif

Volvo 960 Sedan
ofzs00.jpg

I haven't seen all of the cars above for a while now, but then, I'm not coming much around at the moment. For sure, some are easier than others (you shouldn't have too much trouble with the Rover when you're living in Britain, for example, but the Lupo 3L is more likely to be found in Germany again), though none of them is what you usually see everyday on street.

Target score is 11/15, and, well, seems like this will be the first contest - good spot :)

Edit: Edited because I caused confusion(pictures) and to enable everybody to find some of the cars at least (changes added)

lol...i don't even know how half of them looks...how am i supposed to spot 'em? :lol:

as for the authenticity, checking the EXIF data could take care of that as well.

if just resized or slightly edited, the EXIF data, which includes lots of information like the shutter speed and the model of the camera itself, remains in the jpeg and can be read with certain applications like exif reader.
so everybody would just name the camera(s) he uses and then the model as well as the date of the shot could be checked for authencitiy(checking in case of a winner would be ernough in order not to cause too much work...or otherwise by a volunteer).

mmmh...under the impression that most pics in the "i saw..." thread were pretty much straight from the cam, i checked through a bunch of them and about the half of them did not include any exif data...
as an alternative for those without such data we could say they have to hold their fingers in a certain manner in front of the cam :?

ryosuke said:
mmmh...under the impression that most pics in the "i saw..." thread were pretty much straight from the cam, i checked through a bunch of them and about the half of them did not include any exif data...
as an alternative for those without such data we could say they have to hold their fingers in a certain manner in front of the cam :?

just had to look at your avatar while reading the part with the no exif option :)

I think we can trust most members, we can probably tell if they completed the list too quick.

got my pocket checklist sorted :) - I find A6 is just right :D

http://img55.imageshack.**/img55/8827/randomphotos5904ee.jpg

this should be fun :)

haha, that's dedicated!

I'm aiming for about 3 of them! Pretty damn hard list!

It's not so much a speed but an endurance issue with my list - in fact, I don't expect anybody to finish it until April, me included.

Sorry - but chances to see most of the cars on that list aren't what you call big over here either - maybe you could work out a similar list for our North American members? (Unfortunately I know too little about rare cars at your place)

And one for Australia as well! It seems that I am in the same boat as stuff like the Safrane, A2, Lupo, Lancia and Fiat never made it to our shores. :(

i think we should have a dedicated thread where everybody can post his result?!

well, days have passed by, but I've finally got one - lol:

http://img311.imageshack.**/img311/880/randomphotos6025ms.th.jpg http://img398.imageshack.**/img398/7473/randomphotos6032zk.th.jpg

Right outside my house too (the pub) :) Geez, this is hard! lol

He he, take a close look at your list again :) :) :)

Funny, I saw quite a few when I was in Britain one year ago.

I already have got two: a red Audi A2 and the Suzuki X90 (have to download them from my phone), found them while driving home from shopping within three minutes and since saw another read Audi A2 again yesterday (I swear I haven't seen one before for a decade!)

By the way, is anybody else beside Overheat and me participating currently?

Great idea expect there are none of those cars here in Finland. Maybe a common car list with a very short time to collect like 2 days.