I thought Ford was gonna kill the Crown Victoria?

I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
Of coarse they won't... It's the friggin crown Vic... It has an image to hold!!!

Actually, it looks like Ford designers simply drew up a new three-bar insert and popped it into the grille opening of a current model.
Err...no shit.

I can't imagine they went to the far reaches of the Amazonian rainforest, on the instructions of a Mayan high priestess, to fast for 7 days and 7 nights, before finally divining their inner spirits to lead them to the vaulted ways of the gods, walking a dangerous and treacherous path of their noble ancestors, where they finally reached enlightenment by the great temples of the ancients.

Looks pretty good, though.

I don't mind that it's still around. I've always had a soft spot for it.

Did anyone else laugh when they saw that? I did.

The Crown Victoria is the automotive equivalent of a old smelly blankey from your childhood - they just don't want to get rid of it!

It's a small update to a fleet-only car, what were you expecting?

Its believed to be just someone at Ford cutting a Fusion grille and fitting it into the current grille opening.

For them to do this on a car that's only going to Police/Cab/Rental fleets for 08 this is a fairly pointless thing to do....

I still believe its for Middle Eastern Spec Crown Vics because thats the only market that actually buy the cars new...

I think it looks awesome. It is not an expensive facelift either, so it is not pointless.

I like the Crown Vic. It's a no-nonsense classic American car. I am looking for a car to buy, and considering a Crown Vic. I wonder where I can get a former police car. They do turn up at dealerships sometimes, but I'd like to go to a place that sells them exclusively.

They are a durable car, hence the popularity among corporate fleets and law enforcement agencies. A good friend of mine is RCMP not far from here; he drives one of these, and the car has seen over 140,000 of the hardest-driven kilometers you could possibly imagine - he makes a point of driving the shit out of it, even for petty calls.

I'm going to celebrate by buying some doughnuts

They are a durable car, hence the popularity among corporate fleets and law enforcement agencies. A good friend of mine is RCMP not far from here; he drives one of these, and the car has seen over 140,000 of the hardest-driven kilometers you could possibly imagine - he makes a point of driving the shit out of it, even for petty calls.

Yep, the Panther platform cars are seriously tough. The only weak point I've seen is that if you get the optional rear air suspension, the bags can crack and leak after many,many miles. The 4.6L engine is bulletproof.

I hope they don't kill it off, then all the cops will be driving Chargers, and chargers are fast, and more likely to get you!

I hope they don't kill it off, then all the cops will be driving Chargers, and chargers are fast, and more likely to get you!

We can always hope they pay more attention to their budgets and go for the V-6 instead of the Hemi.

Yep, the Panther platform cars are seriously tough. The only weak point I've seen is that if you get the optional rear air suspension, the bags can crack and leak after many,many miles. The 4.6L engine is bulletproof.

Yeah - but isn't it time for a NEW seriosuly tough car with a bulletproof engine for fleet use? I mean surely we've made some new durability innovations since 1992.

Yeah - but isn't it time for a NEW seriosuly tough car with a bulletproof engine for fleet use? I mean surely we've made some new durability innovations since 1992.

You mean 1970 something? The Vic' of today is currently running on the oldest running chassis on the planet.

We can always hope they pay more attention to their budgets and go for the V-6 instead of the Hemi.

Well we all know how irresponsible the government is with our money. You know what they say "Those who are smart enough to be in government are smart enough to avoid it."