I thought this day would never come...

Well, at least you got it back. When a car is stolen here, it is usually already in Eastern Europe before the owner notices the theft...

"Kaum gestolen, schon in Polen" is what they say.

Same here. If a car is stolen it usually stays stolen.
What's the deal with insurance companies when a car is retrieved but stripped out? You're fucked or...?

"Kaum gestolen, schon in Polen" is what they say.

Same here. If a car is stolen it usually stays stolen.
What's the deal with insurance companies when a car is retrieved but stripped out? You're fucked or...?

Pretty much. Pretty much everyone I've ever known to have a car stolen (and the rare ones that got it back) wished it had just not been recovered.

One of my brothers had this same thing happen to him about 15 years ago (driving the same model/year skirmish buggy I have), and it was recovered in front of the local police station with nothing more than a body shell with some insulation and the title neatly set on the remnants of a dash. All they could do was sell it for scrap metal.

My car's been recovered. According to the officer on the phone, it's "pretty stripped". I'm going to assess the damage later today...

Thanks for the support anyway, guys.

:( Bummer.

Good luck, i still hope that everything will turn for the better for you.

EDIT: SORRY I WISH I NEVER SAID IT!

Last edited:
The gruff, surly, piece of shit at the impound yard says my police report isn't "official". This means that I have to go back to that godforsaken place with my "official" report tomorrow. City of Chicago employees never cease to amaze me.

Pics or we will tar and feather you.
Do me a favor and go drink some bleach.

The gruff, surly, piece of shit at the impound yard says my police report isn't "official". This means that I have to go back to that godforsaken place with my "official" report tomorrow. City of Chicago employees never cease to amaze me.

Some of these clowns are ridiculous. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow and the car's in better shape than you were led to believe AND that insurance pays up fast and in full.

Do me a favor and go drink some bleach.

Damn dude that absolutely sux :( Good luck to you man.

....WHAT? Did i miss something?

Is "tar and feather" offensive or something? I honestly didnt mean anything bad by it. I feel bad your car got stolen, no need for the mass-overreaction. Typically in extraordinary situations that you make a thread about, it is customary to provide pictures.

I got a whopping EIGHT neg rep marks o.o

Last edited:
^^ 1. I am not surprised, I will not bother but you have not actually said sorry for you ill considered remark. Ever had your car nicked? No, well, think about it. After family most important thing in many peoples life (I know how I would feel) is their wheels.

2. I thought that the Police were here to help the citizen - their communications skills need some addressing. Sorry about the outcome, nice motor you had there - extra security next time perhaps?

I'm sorry.

Your comment was like saying to a mother "I want pics of your dead, battered and beaten child."

Oh come on! Thats a ridiculous comparison!

I personally think being that upset over a shaped piece of plastic and metal, albeit an expensive one, is too extreme. But to each his own, and if i actually upset him that much then i honestly am sorry

Last edited:
Well, he told you to drink bleach. I believe he is that upset.

You apologized now, its over.