I want a manual!

Agreed. Get a Triumph Triple. :p

I thought your go-to was the Rocket. I am disappoint :p

Triumphs are too common anyway, get a KTM 690 SMR. :D

I thought your go-to was the Rocket. I am disappoint :p

Triumphs are too common anyway, get a KTM 690 SMR. :D

It does have a three cylinder engine as well. :p The problem is I keep hearing the giantness/awesomess of the 2300cc engine may be a bit too much for the bike.

Last edited:
I just spent the day driving this:
01-hyundai-veloster-live-opt.jpg

Sooo.... yeah..............................

I liked it

Nothing wrong with that. I saw one at an auto show and I want a test drive but they are selling out around here. Can't beat a satnav, keyless entry, and backup camera for 22k...

Last edited:
I drove the Veloster a few days ago and enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the gearbox and the motor. Which sounds important, but there's a turbo on the way.

I also drove the Veloster at the car show here. I liked it too. It wasn't fast and it had the 6 speed automatic, so it wasn't the most exciting driving experience. But the transmission shifted smooth and for getting 40mpg, the acceleration wasn't as bad as you'd expect. Handling and ride quality were both good too.

So...why don't you just wait for the Scion FR-S? Seems just about perfect. I'm going to look into buying one if I can afford it.

I drove the Veloster a few days ago and enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the gearbox and the motor. Which sounds important, but there's a turbo on the way.

Which gearbox?

I also drove the Veloster at the car show here. I liked it too. It wasn't fast and it had the 6 speed automatic, so it wasn't the most exciting driving experience. But the transmission shifted smooth and for getting 40mpg, the acceleration wasn't as bad as you'd expect. Handling and ride quality were both good too.

Well as you can see from topic title, I'm looking at the manual ;)
I did drive the auto as well, and it needed more power. The manual wasn't nearly as bad. It had a nice rev-happy feel.

I would love the turbo, but I'm not sure when that will be available and it will drive the price up.

Last edited:
Which gearbox?

Stick shift. The clutch take-up seemed odd to me (though all Hyundais have to me), and the shifter wasn't as precise as I'd prefer. But that's what happens when it's using the Elantra's running gear. It didn't seem horrific to me, but when I envision a lightweight 2+2, I expect it to feel a certain way, and this didn't meet those expectations.

I'm a fucking boomerang. There's a low mileage 2010 RX-8 R3 that's just a bit too expensive, right in my hometown. And it's been sitting on the lot for months.

I'm a fucking boomerang. There's a low mileage 2010 RX-8 R3 that's just a bit too expensive, right in my hometown. And it's been sitting on the lot for months.

Nothing wrong with getting another RX-8. Was your originall intention not to trade your autobox RX-8 for a manual? If the car has been sitting on the lot for a while, he is probably willing to deal.

I'm going to have to drive an R3 and FR-S, see which one is better. They are almost the same car, but the scion appeals to me more. I've never quite liked the suicide doors on the 8.

I'm going to have to drive an R3 and FR-S, see which one is better. They are almost the same car, but the scion appeals to me more. I've never quite liked the suicide doors on the 8.

The R3 is far more expensive new, luckily they depreciate like a brick and no one is buying them even with that. And the suicide doors, while cumbersome compared to a regular door, are quite a bit better than no doors at all. No idea if the back seat of the FR-S is actually usable.

Do bricks depreciate? That analogy went wrong somewhere :hmm:

No idea if the back seat of the FR-S is actually usable.
I guess it depends on how tall you are and if you prefer to have them folded down in regardless. In my driving position, they're certainly usable and might be comfortable if everyone was my height. For a tall person...they look to be useless like most coupes. With them folded, Toyota wanted to ensure that you can carry a full set of tires, they can also fit 2 golf bags if that's something you want to carry as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I guess it depends on how tall you are and if you prefer to have them folded down in regardless. In my driving position, they're certainly usable and might be comfortable if everyone was my height. For a tall person...they look to be useless like most coupes. With them folded, Toyota wanted to ensure that you can carry a full set of tires, they can also fit 2 golf bags if that's something you want to carry as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Those are useless no one would be able to seat behind me.

I really appreciate that they specifically made sure tires would fit, I've damaged my interior transporting mine :(

I guess I would call those usable, but only in a pinch. Wouldn't want to do so regularly. Even in my car it's pretty tight for most people.

The rear seats look a lot like the rear seats in a 997. They're usable - fine for stuff and short trips. Not great for long trips, but workable if needed. FWIW, the back of the seats in the 997 cab have a concave shape those don't have, and that shape worsens the comfort level.