I want a manual!

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Long story short, my foot is lodged solidly in my mouth and though there is nothing empirically wrong with my car, I want a manual. Other than the transmission I do love my RX, so I'm definitely sticking with something to that effect.

So, I would appreciate some help brainstorming some ideas. Ideally I'm looking at something around $15,000 and under 50,000 miles (relatively new as well). I might go up to about $20k for something very new and low miles.

Newer RX-8s are on the high side of that but I just can't stop drooling over this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010...9305637?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19caf60ea5

Any other ideas? Hyundai Genesis Coupe is a candidate, 2.0Ts aren't too expensive. 350Z falls into the range as well but I can't think of much else I really want. Pontiac GTOs are just a bit too expensive for their age.

I'm not too concerned about badge or drivetrain, just looking for anything fun to drive and available with a stick. Preferably without absurd maintenance costs as I can't do much myself :)

What would you have to pay for a decent second hand BMW Z4?

In before the obvious (EDIT:Damn, beaten by seconds!). Also:

:p

You can occasionally find E46s for that kind of money, but that might be a bit too much in the maintenance department.

Honestly I'd go with a 350z. Not too many options for sports cars in that price range.

Ok ok, a couple of caveats:

As a daily driver, I would like to have back seats of some kind, storage space, and an engine that doesn't buzz on the highway.

That said, I do like the NC MX-5, my family will disown me but it will probably be worth it.

BMW Z4 is something I forgot about completely, how are they for reliability? I have drive one before and enjoyed it, but it might be a bit stiff to live with.

It's overbudget, and no where near you... and the wrong colour and without stripes, but...

$(KGrHqUOKjUE6MLumy+FBOqJRtSUJQ~~60_12.JPG

Linky

In an ideal world you get a Bumblebee.

What about a V6 2011 Mustang? With the 300hp 3.7? They're around 20,000 iirc.

Also with back seat, consider the G35 coupe.

Was going to say that.

Also S2000 (but no back seat), Mustang was already mentioned but could be had for about that much used (hell new one starts at 19K).

If you don't mind 4 doors look at the WRX's, don't remember which gen has non-shitty tranny though. If you are not that bothered by drivetrain you could always look at something like a Civic Si.

EDIT: 240sx :D

Also didn't you mention wanting to trade in the RX8 for a manual one? :D

My vote goes for the 'Stang as well. As new as possible.

Was going to say that.

Also S2000 (but no back seat), Mustang was already mentioned but could be had for about that much used (hell new one starts at 19K).

If you don't mind 4 doors look at the WRX's, don't remember which gen has non-shitty tranny though. If you are not that bothered by drivetrain you could always look at something like a Civic Si.

EDIT: 240sx :D

Also didn't you mention wanting to trade in the RX8 for a manual one? :D

See first post.

Shit though, if I can have a brand new V6 Mustang for $19k, that's tempting. I'll be trading/selling the RX regardless, its value is most of my budget.

In all seriousness, I can't stand the visibility in the Camaro. Feels like a bunker. Pontiac Solstice has the same problem despite being tiny.

Looks like I have my test drive work cut out for me:
Mustang
RX-8
Genesis Coupe
G35
Z4
MX-5
350Z
Civic Si

Of course, a bid is going onto that RX-8 on eBay if the price stays low, it won't be anywhere near reserve but it might put my foot in the door, dealers must be getting desperate to offload 2011s.

And if you do, be ready to check your oil every few days because they tend to burn quite a lot. But since you already have a rotary, you should be used to that :p

Also, seeing how the usual suspects are digging deeper into their trenches, I might as well follow suit and implore you to test-drive a S60R. They are not everyone's cup of tea, but who knows - you might like it.

I love my manual trans '06 Mustang GT. Mine was $16k, but it was a convertible. Coupes are cheaper. I've had people in the backseat and it has been used for grocery getting, so for a single guy, it'd make a good daily driver (I'm even commuting in mine fairly regularly though I won't be once the BMW is back together). V8 torque is fun!

2175161c.jpg

What kind of mileage did the Mustang have when you got it? I love the color :)

And if you do, be ready to check your oil every few days because they tend to burn quite a lot. But since you already have a rotary, you should be used to that :razz:

Also, seeing how the usual suspects are digging deeper into their trenches, I might as well follow suit and implore you to test-drive a S60R. They are not everyone's cup of tea, but who knows - you might like it.

:lol: burning oil

Looks like the S60R is really on the high end of my price range, and probably impossible to find in manual. For that money I'd have something new or nearly-new.