I want a manual!

What kind of mileage did the Mustang have when you got it? I love the color :)

45,000. Advertised price was $18,900, list was $22,000. I walked in at the end of the month and offered $16,000.

Can't wait to start modding it (other than the head unit for the Shaker 500, which I already changed out for one that has bluetooth phone and audio). One thing I really like about it is how the traction control lets you have a bit of fun before the computer says no... ;)

Looks like the S60R is really on the high end of my price range, and probably impossible to find in manual. For that money I'd have something new or nearly-new.

Understandable. Actually, manuals are very easy to come by. About half of all S60R's were 6-speed manuals. The lower model S60's were automatics only (except for the rare T5M, but you don't want that 251hp and FWD :) )

And yes, they are not cheap to maintain. But they are like a disease - once you get used to 300hp, 6-speed manual, excellent ride and tremendous seats...it's hard to pick anything else that's short of an M3 or S4.

Mazdaspeed 6? 274hp turbo 4, AWD and only available with the 6 speed manual. Should be in your price range if you can find one as well.

I'd go for a '05+ Mustang GT. It's fun, it's cheap to maintain, and you can do wonderful things to that V8.

*Cough
Real suspension and you can pretend your Shia LaBeouf. :|

camaro-bumblebee.jpg

That "real suspension" is worse than the live axle on the Mustang.

I'd say wait for the new Genesis Coupes but those would end up a bit out of your max range.

As for suggestions, you might be able to find a Lexus IS series car in your range.

Would a used 135i be within budget?

So, I would appreciate some help brainstorming some ideas. Ideally I'm looking at something around $15,000 and under 50,000 miles (relatively new as well). I might go up to about $20k for something very new and low miles.

Want to trade? 2010 with 14,000 miles since June of 2010. I am fed up and tired of driving a manual, I am past the point of wanting to KEEP IT REAL. /HenryRollins

Last edited:
Would a used 135i be within budget?

Close, but no, not really. MazdaSpeed3 is nice but isn't much to look at. Mazdaspeed6 is either expensive or high mileage, and Lexus IS is also a bit too high.

Too bad because I like all of them :(

I wish I could get my hands - and feet - on an automatic. I'm so sick of driving a manual, especially when in town.

I wish I could get my hands - and feet - on an automatic. I'm so sick of driving a manual, especially when in town.

Saved for posterity. :lol:

I'm about to saddle up and go drive my manual. In traffic. In town. In rush hour. :D

Last edited:
I'd go for a '05+ Mustang GT. It's fun, it's cheap to maintain, and you can do wonderful things to that V8.

Since the speed6 is out, I second this.

Mustang GTs are stupid fun. I've only recently driven the flexy flier 1998 version with only 225hp and it was still loads of fun.

I'm about to saddle up and go drive my manual. In traffic. In town. In rush hour. :D

Are you talking about your bike again? :)

Doesn't count its a bike :D

The only thing I don't like about the manual in traffic is my left leg gets tiiiired.

You really need to decide what you want. Currently, you're comparing AWD luxury sedans, heavy RWD coupes, FWD hatches/wagons, convertible sports cars, and muscle cars. Each category has its ups and downs.

That said, I vote Miata :D I may be biased now but there was a time when I was wary of something so tiny and impractical. Then I drove one. Seriously, I don't think there's been a single time over the last 9 months or so that I've driven it and haven't smiled. The darn thing makes rush hour traffic fun.
It's also dead reliable, seriously cheap to service and buy parts for, really easy to work on, tons of aftermarket to suit your every need (well, except the need for passengers), gets good mileage, etc.

Bah Miatas are heavy. :p

Might be able to find a used '11 V6 stang for that type of coin, with just a few miles. Might be able to find a few nice C5 Z06s for that range too, but it's a bit older but a great performer in every way, not the best interior though. Definitely a slew of normal C5 vettes as well. A friend told me 350z'S AND g35's are dropping in value pretty nice, but I haven't looked into it. Maybe an STI?

It's overbudget, and no where near you... and the wrong colour and without stripes, but...

$(KGrHqUOKjUE6MLumy+FBOqJRtSUJQ~~60_12.JPG

Linky

In an ideal world you get a Bumblebee.

Cyber Grey is never the wrong color.

:lol::lol::lol: Like what wonderful things? Full bolt-ons on a 3 valve net you like 20hp, that's not wonderful. It is a good choice though, but I'd rather have a GTO (except for the insurance that comes along with it).

Are you talking about your bike again? :)

Yes, yes I am. :D

Might be able to find a used '11 V6 stang for that type of coin, with just a few miles. Might be able to find a few nice C5 Z06s for that range too, but it's a bit older but a great performer in every way, not the best interior though. Definitely a slew of normal C5 vettes as well. A friend told me 350z'S AND g35's are dropping in value pretty nice, but I haven't looked into it. Maybe an STI?

Cyber Grey is never the wrong color.

:lol::lol::lol: Like what wonderful things? Full bolt-ons on a 3 valve net you like 20hp, that's not wonderful. It is a good choice though, but I'd rather have a GTO (except for the insurance that comes along with it).

Superchargers are bolt ons and net a lot more than 20hp.

Last edited: