I want a manual!

I was talking about the base model (Pop), not the Sport, which starts $2k higher than the base.
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/lineup/index.html?app=bmo
Also, a lot of those Sports at that dealer have automatics, adding yet more to the price.

Still...a Sport with the 5 speed is around $19k. I don't see how they can price the Abarth under $20k. If they do...who's going to buy the regular Sport then? :)

Still...a Sport with the 5 speed is around $19k. I don't see how they can price the Abarth under $20k. If they do...who's going to buy the regular Sport then? :)

This is my thinking, but I've been hearing otherwise. Only time will tell.

Maybe when the Abarth comes out, they'll lower the price of the lesser models a tad.

A Sport with the 5 speed bases at $17,500. Supposedly the Abarth will base at around $23k, which will undercut the MINI Cooper S by about $3k at the same equipment level, and when optioned up, should undercut the MCS by over $5-7k (options packages on the MINIs are insane)

Last edited:
Yes, yes I am. :D

Superchargers are bolt ons and net a lot more than 20hp.

Same can be said for lots of cars. Boost is nice. :mrgreen: Personally though, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money and be under/around 400rwhp. But that wasn't the boltons I was talking about, but you probably already knew that.

You do realize that is for a Mustang with a blower already on it right? So you still need to add in the cost of the blower, that comes in just over $8,000 for your add on as well as the blower from the same site. I'll try my best not to start the same old discussion, but let's just say that money would get you going a lot faster on a certain different platform.

After driving mine around on the street, even the stock hp is more than enough to get you into troouble everywhere in the country. It's fun, and a "mere" 20 hp more would be grin inducing itself. But you can get more than 20 hp with bolt ons easily, even before you get to a supercharger.

I was just making a point about the 20hp, but the numbers just don't justify the expense in my book. 10-15 hp for headers (where I can get 25-30 on an LSX car). Ending up with ~300rwhp would bother me after seeing how much lighter my pockets are.

I agree - my car has 15hp over yours and between that and the 3.73 rear end my car is very grin inducing. And it's not too shabby in the corners, either.

That "15hp" is a cold air intake and a minor tweak in the tune for the intake :lol:. I've driven both three 3v Mustangs, '08 Bullitt, 06 GT and a '10 GT. None felt any faster than any of the others (all 5 speeds). The only reason someone should buy a 2010 is if they don't have money for a 5.0 but want the facelift.

**Don't get me wrong, I may come off as a hater, but from the Mustangs I drove, I absolutely love the 3v years. If my commute wasn't far and I didn't have to worry about gas milage, I'd own a 3v for a DD in a heartbeat. A nice x-pipe/axleback and some gears and I'd be in love. Then again, GTO......

My 140hp is enough to get me into major trouble :p I do agree that the GTO's LS3 is easier to get power out of than the Mustang 4.6
That said, I do like the current-gen 'stang, which says a lot since I've never liked Ford.

LS2 ;)

I've been busier than usual, but I should be able to test drive a 2.0T Genesis Coupe this weekend. And there's another blue RX-8 R3 on eBay with crazy low miles....

I've been busier than usual, but I should be able to test drive a 2.0T Genesis Coupe this weekend. And there's another blue RX-8 R3 on eBay with crazy low miles....
Why are you even acting like you are not getting another RX-8? Especially since manual revs higher.

Why are you even acting like you are not getting another RX-8? Especially since manual revs higher.

Because they're more money than I want to pay. Isn't going to stop me from trying, but I have to have a backup plan.

You know you getting one :p

I've asked for a community opinion before and the advice I received was very helpful in....

wait, no, that's not what happened, I just went and did what I wanted to in the first place <_<

Well, as long as we're going down that road, does anyone have anything against the 2009+ RX-8? Apart from the obvious fuel mileage/torque/general Wankel issues since I am quite familiar with that already :D

Obviously I'm not going for practicality but I do want the car to hold up for a few years.

Well, as long as we're going down that road, does anyone have anything against the 2009+ RX-8? Apart from the obvious fuel mileage/torque/general Wankel issues since I am quite familiar with that already :D

Obviously I'm not going for practicality but I do want the car to hold up for a few years.
It's too slow for a sports car :p on the other hand, SUICIDE DOORS! Also revving alot :D

Something different and unique:

astra.jpg

x08st_as022.jpg