I want a manual!

Have you driven an S2000? I know it's not very compatible with an Rx-8, but I drove one yesterday and I have to say it was utterly fantastic.
I actually have not driven one, but the issue is higher price (for the year/mileage) and lack of back seats. Also impossible to find not-riced. I do like it (or like the idea of it).
In otherwords, the "Rickhamiltons" of the world?
tongue.gif
Interior is not beige, sorry :lol:

Last edited:
I actually have not driven one, but the issue is higher price (for the year/mileage) and lack of back seats. Also impossible to find not-riced. I do like it (or like the idea of it).
Surprising that you can't find unriced ones, I looked at quite a few around here and almost none of them are ricer, was a bit too $$ for the ricers.

Surprising that you can't find unriced ones, I looked at quite a few around here and almost none of them are ricer, was a bit too $$ for the ricers.

Perhaps the problem is that my definition of "riced" is usually dangerously close to "cosmetically modified."

It's not as bad now as when I last looked, but prices are still a bit too high without going older. I do plan to eventually have a commuter car + toy (rather than making one car play double duty) and it's a very strong candidate then.

Perhaps the problem is that my definition of "riced" is usually dangerously close to "cosmetically modified."

It's not as bad now as when I last looked, but prices are still a bit too high without going older. I do plan to eventually have a commuter car + toy (rather than making one car play double duty) and it's a very strong candidate then.
I got that actually but still just about every S2K I seen was bone stock.

Most S2000s I've seen are bone stock, they aren't FD RX-7s.

And now we come to the stage where everything is made unnaturally difficult by some divine power. I have a time-sensitive offer for my car but my dad lost the title (no the car is not in my name, yes I paid for it exclusively and am the only one who uses it). Replacement takes 5-7 business days. Meanwhile I was expecting a call last night to place a deposit on the new car, and the guy never calls me back. I'll try again today but I also am emailing around to other dealers again....

On a related note, fuck car dealers and their inability to read what you write to them. Or say anything other than their per-determined spiel.

Interior is not beige, sorry :lol:

Damn...:p

And now we come to the stage where everything is made unnaturally difficult by some divine power. I have a time-sensitive offer for my car but my dad lost the title (no the car is not in my name, yes I paid for it exclusively and am the only one who uses it). Replacement takes 5-7 business days. Meanwhile I was expecting a call last night to place a deposit on the new car, and the guy never calls me back. I'll try again today but I also am emailing around to other dealers again....

On a related note, fuck car dealers and their inability to read what you write to them. Or say anything other than their per-determined spiel.

Yikes, I hear ya on the time sensitive thing. I was in a similar situation and ended up arriving at the seller's house right when he was finishing up the deal with another guy. It was a 90's Nissan Pickup. In retrospect, I'm kinda glad i passed but I do wonder how things would have been...:)

IMO they should allow you to print off stuff like that, but alas, that's rarely the case. Hopefully things will work out.

Still haven't connected with the seller, I will call him again on my lunch break. Why is it so hard to work around the fact that I *gasp* work during normal business hours...

At least he left me a voicemail to say he put the car aside and put a sold sign on it.

In other news, my dad is back in the hospital as he is pretty much the most important thing in my life, things are getting pushed back again. I will try to go through with the purchase in the meantime so I may end up with two RX-8s for a short while :lol:

Small update, the sale is going through, painfully slowly. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong. I am selling my car on my own, expect to see Craigslist/eBay adds shortly :lol:

Hooray manual! Hope your father feels better soon!