• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

I want a Renault Twizy!

^ It seem they got the door situation it a bit better with the successor, the Mobilize Duo.
But it looks like it has only a sorta 2CV-style flapup as a openable window and in general it still looks quite shite, like a background car from a 1980's "future" movie. I just don't get that Multipla like front:
1.jpg

And would you look at the Cargo version. *Barf!*
2.jpg

Aw, it’s got a backpack.

First day a school! 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lip
I'm determined to help you go through with this idea (like it's some kind of revenge for your harsh comments on my cars), so here are some photos from the Lanzarote Twizy tour I did in 2019. They should help you to keep wanting one. :p

DSC_3521_P_S1920.jpg

IMG_2726_P_S1920.jpg

IMG_2808_P_S1920.jpg

This last one also also contains an easter egg aside from the three white eggs, see if you can spot it
IMG_2812_P_S1920.jpg

I recorded video of the little eggs following the lead van across the landscape, I don't expect you to watch them but they are available if you do want to. There are three parts: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

• Haha
I don't expect you to watch them but...
Of course you do, you damn rascal! :ROFLMAO:

But after all my course is set, there is no need to push me off the ledge, as I'm going to jump anyway. - The momemt I really want something, I'm off! I know myself. :ROFLMAO:

Already found a 2013 example that has the bought battery, the lockable side windows and the glorious 500 CHF/EUR tuning box included, and it's somewhat locally, but the seller hasn't answered so far. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Driving time was about 90 minutes I think, the dirt road in the first video slowed that down compared to main roads. The only part I didn't record was the section from Timanfaya national park to the bodega where the third clip starts and the last two photos were taken, that was about 20 minutes. I mapped the route out and it's apparently 56km, a couple of the cars had a charge at the bodega stop but the run back to base was mostly downhill so we arrived with more charge than we had left that stop with. I had forgotten about the funny blinker noise, it's kind of cute.

Before you started this thread I was already looking at potential holiday destinations for this year where I could hire a Twizy for a few days instead of some hatchback, I've found a place in Portugal.

I did a very short test drive in one of these a few years back.

First thing I did was to fail to start it (or fail to turn it on, rather) because the glovebox is on the right side of the dash right next to the "ignition" and the glovebox lock was the first keyhole I found. Since I was in a weird french plastic quadricycle where nothing works like you're used to, It never occured to me to bend over and check the steering column. Where it was, just like on any other Renault. Makes sense, the steering column assembly is probably out of a 1997 Twingo. Anyway, after confusingly twisting the glovebox lock back and forth about ten times without making the thing power on, I started looking around and found the actual ignition lock.

These make total sense as rentals on some sunny resort or maybe as a personal walking deterrent device... again, if the weather at your location permits. I live in a northern country and you can pry my Webasto heated 4Motion Alltrack out of my cold dead hands :D

Last edited:
These make total sense as rentals on some sunny resort or maybe as a personal walking deterrent device... again, if the weather at your location permits. I live in a northern country and you can pry my Webasto heated 4Motion Alltrack out of my cold dead hands :D
Granted, they don't make much sense per se, only in a very tiny niche.

They are also overpriced and are aging badly (because no competition = no innovation). They are also closer to a slow bike (with a built in umbrella) you can't fall off, than a car.

There is also the critic point I already heard that I would loose a combined 40mins of bike ride fitness per day, me the lazy git. But I work in the metal industry and do physical work all day. I'm always on the move, I never sit. Yes I only work 4 days, but still it's demanding and it makes a big difference at 5PM if you can sit down and twizywhizz home or if you have to mount a bicycle and push against the wind. Sure "buy a E-bike" is also a alternative, but not really. You're still a wet poodle inside and out. You're also very limited in the "shop-on-the-way-home" situation without carrying a military sized backpack. You can throw 2 shopping bags on the back seat of a Twizy.

Furthermore I have a situation where the cycle path passing my firm is on the left side of the road and ends about a third into my journey. Because of that I have to cross a extremly busy intersection that feeds the nearby Autobahn. Sometimes I'm standing there for a minute or two, waiting for a gap. Doesn't sound like much but do that wet and hungry twice a day and it grinds on you.

Eh, anway. It fits my needs. Hence I want one. - But I do understand the headshakes and facepalms. :ROFLMAO:

Eh, anway. It fits my needs. Hence I want one. - But I do understand the headshakes and facepalms. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, by all means buy one. I'm already waiting for the project thread.

I was just thinking about a mobile app driven Twizy rental and how convenient that would be. Like rental scooters but better.

Then I realized my town actually does just that, but with Nissan Leafs. They're used by town employees during office hours. Anyone can rent them on nights and weekends. I've been meaning to register just to I can try a new Leaf for an hour or so without a salesman breathing down my neck.

Anyway, back to the topic. When are you buying it?

Meh, local one I wanted is off the website. :rolleyes: Anyway:

I took it down to two options:
  1. Search further and buy a used one for about 6'000.-
  2. Lease a new one for 200.- a month (at 48 months)
I've never leased a car in my life. I assume it's quite hassle free?

Last edited:
Meh, local one I wanted is off the website. :rolleyes: Anyway:

I took it down to two options:
  1. Search further and buy a used one for about 6'000.-
  2. Lease a new one for 200.- a month (at 48 months)
I've never leased a car in my life. I assume it's quite hassle free?

Think of it as a rental car you have for more than a week. But I would only lease if the entire lease term costs less than if you financed and bought the car. I did that with the golf gti I had. Over 4 years, my lease cost less than financing in that time. If I did the buyout at the end, then it would’ve pushed over the calculation of cheaper to lease.

Hm, I' going back and forth at the moment. It all depends a bit if I find a good used example. The choice isn't big, and currently the good ones are all so far away that I would even have to organize a transport... but having a shiny new one with a full capacity battery has also it's plus....

Eh, I keep this thread updated.

It was almost too easy to set up the PCP lease on my Tesla, it's no wonder people get into debt they can't afford with them.

I feel that getting the best battery capacity possible is pretty important if you're trying something like an EV for the first time, especially one with a small battery to begin with.

Before you started this thread I was already looking at potential holiday destinations for this year where I could hire a Twizy for a few days instead of some hatchback, I've found a place in Portugal.
I'm listening.