I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
May I introduce my new favourite chocolate:

Milk chocolate with pieces of soft, salty liquorice... yummy :) A real treat for people who enjoy the mixture of sweet and salty.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR

Is my personal, current favourite. The mint flavour is really nice and the chocolate itself isn't horribly sweet like most British chocolate.

Xaromir

Last edited:

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
The white chocolate ones are not very good. The chocolate ones are very good...but not as good as the chocolate-covered Nutter Butters.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Just got a craving for a Prince Polo bar. Now to figure out where to buy one in SE Michigan.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
May I introduce my new favourite chocolate:

Milk chocolate with pieces of soft, salty liquorice... yummy :) A real treat for people who enjoy the mixture of sweet and salty.
Thought of that when I saw this video, apparently some weirdos do not like liqorice!

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'10 RX-8 R3, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Real licorice is one of the more vile flavors I have experienced in a candy, right up there with cinnamon.

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
There are a whole bunch of different sorts of licorice. I prefer the salty-flavored ones that aren't too hard or too soft. Usually don't like the soft types. My personal favourite is this:

Licorice seems to be a thing of northern Europe anyway. People in the south don't likt it that much. I guess it's a matter of if you grew up with it or not.

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
I love real licorice and salmiak especially. If you've never had it, Salmiakki ice cream is insanely good.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Yes, in the US it can be any flavor and still be called "licorice". In fact, I just bought some hoity toity grape licorice made from the juice of the grapes used to make Pino Grigio.

When it comes to black licorice, though...I feel like I'm definitely in the minority here in the US because I like it. I like black licorice (yes, even the salted stuff...as long as it's not too salty) and black jelly beans.

I would probably love that ice cream.

Black jelly beans seem about as popular as the banana Runts candy. (I love both)

Xaromir

Oh I love sweet licorice. The salty stuff is just weird though. I did have some licorice icecream once, it was basically sweet, but the crust had some salt crystals, which was actually rather exciting.

On a semi-related note: You should probably remember "Spunk" which was featured in one of the episodes. Jezza didn't like it.

Last edited: