I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

You poor, poor souls. Over here they even have stores dedicated to selling gummy bears and similar products.

Over here, it's Jelly-Belly stores. My favorite thing about them is that they sell bags of mistakes (mis-shapen, undersized, etc) called "Belly Flops." :p
Gift_Shop_2.jpg

DSCN3666.JPG

98807166.54aRMOxg.jpg

You poor, poor souls.

Don't feel too bad... we might only get four types of Haribo here, but it doesn't mean we don't get lots of other varieties of candy or candy stores.

The core is made of different fruity stuff. I bought it for the first time. Is not bad but I prefer other sorts of Haribo, to be honest.

Eww, fruity licorice sounds gross.

I don't mean fruit-flavoured "licorice" like Twizzlers or Red Vines, but black licorice with fruit flavorings doesn't tickle me fancy at all.

Over here, it's Jelly-Belly stores. My favorite thing about them is that they sell bags of mistakes (mis-shapen, undersized, etc) called "Belly Flops." :p

I like most candy but hate jelly beans. I bought a bag last week and threw most of it out.

I find them too sweet, plus I don't like all the unrelated flavours you get in most generic jelly beans packages. I don't want to get a taste of coffee, followed by pear followed by root beer, y'know?

Last edited:
That's why you buy the un-mixed varieties of only the flavors you like. :)

I love getting the popcorn flavor. I dislike licorice with a vengeance so I just chuck all the black ones in the bag, though when I went to a jelly belly store I came out with a 5 lb. sack. I couldn't help getting some of every flavor. Lasted me a good 6 months though.

That's why you buy the un-mixed varieties of only the flavors you like. :)

I suppose I could go to a store that sells separate flavours in bulk but I dunno, having just one flavour sort of defeats the purpose of jelly beans for me.

Jelly Belly seem to have solved this conundrum by grouping complimentary flavous together but I find actual Jelly Belly brand beans to be way too expensive. I bought a 750g Great Value sack from Walmart for $3 flat, I'd probably get 125g worth of Jelly Bellys for that much monies.

I agree, the popcorn flavor is bad. Juicy pear FTW!

Funny you say that... juicy pear is my least favourite flavour of jelly beans and possibly of any candy. I nearly gag just thinking of the smell...

:puke: < Colour appropriate smilie.

I suppose I could go to a store that sells separate flavours in bulk but I dunno, having just one flavour sort of defeats the purpose of jelly beans for me.

Then don't get just one. Feel free to mix up the 8 flavors you like, and none of the ones you don't. but, yeah,...they do cost more.

Blech, that's too much work. :p

Thing is I just don't like jelly beans enough to go through the trouble to mix my own. It seems like the whole point of jelly beans is all the random flavours, which is precisely why I don't like 'em.

My only issue with them is Cinnamon, it looks like all of the fruity reds (which I do like) so I always end up with them accidentally, and it's absolutely disgusting. Inedible.

At least I can avoid the other flavors I don't like by color.... as it turns out I think I enjoy most of them.

Cinnamon has little specks of colour in it if you look closely enough. I like the cinnamon jelly beans though... this big ass sack I bought from Walmart actually had a cinnamon bun flavour which I hadn't tried before.

Also, agreed that popcorn is vile. It's my second least favourite after juicy pear.

I think they actually added the specks to cinnamon recently - but I'm sometimes lucky enough to find one without them, or overlook them.... cinnamon bun might be good, I actually love cinnamon sugar though I can't stand cinnamon itself.

Cinnamon has little specks of colour in it if you look closely enough. I like the cinnamon jelly beans though... this big ass sack I bought from Walmart actually had a cinnamon bun flavour which I hadn't tried before.

Also, agreed that popcorn is vile. It's my second least favourite after juicy pear.

Strawberry is red with spekles, too, I think.

I LOVE pear!

Like: Bold=all-time favorites
A&W? Cream Soda
A&W? Root Beer
Berry Blue
Blueberry
Bubble Gum
Cantaloupe
Chili Mango (I have to be expecting it, though...)
Chocolate Pudding
Cinnamon
Coconut
Cotton Candy
Crushed Pineapple
Dr. Pepper?
French Vanilla
Green Apple
Island Punch
Juicy Pear
Kiwi
Lemon Drop
Lemon Lime
Licorice
Mango
Mixed Berry Smoothie
Orange Sherbet
Peach
Pi?a Colada
Plum
Raspberry
Red Apple
Sizzling Cinnamon
Sour Cherry
Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Daiquiri
Strawberry Jam
Sunkist? Lemon
Sunkist? Lime
Sunkist? Orange
Sunkist? Pink Grapefruit
Sunkist? Tangerine

Toasted Marshmallow (I have to be expecting it, though.)
Top Banana
Tutti-Fruitti
Very Cherry
Watermelon
Wild Blackberry

Dislike:
Buttered Popcorn
Caramel Corn
Cappuccino...but I don't like anything coffee flavored, so...

Never had:
Pomegranate...but I don't like the real fruit, so...
Margarita...but I don't like margaritas, so...

Today i had one of these

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/03/24/SNN0519Z_384_464363a.jpg
(the extra large one)

and one of these

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/03/24/Kinder-Bueno-Wrapper-Small.jpg

i can safely say my tummeh is happy with me :D

i would say Duplo breaks even with the Bueno for epicness, but the Lion Bar is king

i would say Duplo breaks even with the Bueno for epicness, but the Lion Bar is king

My list right now would be...

1. Lion
2. Kinder Bueno
3. Yorkie Raisin and Biscuit
4. Snickers
5. Payday

Strawberry is red with spekles, too, I think.

I LOVE pear!

Like: Bold=all-time favorites
A&W? Cream Soda
A&W? Root Beer
Berry Blue
Blueberry
Bubble Gum
Cantaloupe
Chili Mango (I have to be expecting it, though...)
Chocolate Pudding
Cinnamon
Coconut
Cotton Candy
Crushed Pineapple
Dr. Pepper?
French Vanilla
Green Apple
Island Punch
Juicy Pear
Kiwi
Lemon Drop
Lemon Lime
Licorice
Mango
Mixed Berry Smoothie
Orange Sherbet
Peach
Pi?a Colada
Plum
Raspberry
Red Apple
Sizzling Cinnamon
Sour Cherry
Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Daiquiri
Strawberry Jam
Sunkist? Lemon
Sunkist? Lime
Sunkist? Orange
Sunkist? Pink Grapefruit
Sunkist? Tangerine

Toasted Marshmallow (I have to be expecting it, though.)
Top Banana
Tutti-Fruitti
Very Cherry
Watermelon
Wild Blackberry

My favorites are cinnamon, pi?a colada, coconut and cotton candy. I also love mixing the flavors to create new combinations; like an A&W root beer and a French Vanilla bean to make a root beer float.

I've got to go to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield soon. It's been ages since I've been.